What do you think about this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this ?

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/saudi-women-s-veil-versus-modernity-2010-12-05-1.325035

Re: What do you think about this ?

lol wut?
    ╰☆╮The Qu'ran is the Fuel of the Muslim's Heart.╰☆╮

Comment

And?

It's not very common, but certain tribes in the Gulf it's not unheard off.

Such is life, whatchya gonna do...
      "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
        And?

It's not very common, but certain tribes in the Gulf it's not unheard off.

Such is life, whatchya gonna do...

This man has been married for 10 years with 5 children and haven't seen his wife's face :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Protein View Post
          lol wut?
          After nearly 10 years of marriage that produced five children, Mufleh Mohammed of Saudi Arabia still has not seen his wife’s face.

Comment

"OMG Arabs are so cultural" :D

Seriously though, this:

although I have been married to my wife for nearly 10 years and have five children from her, I have not seen her face even once in my life.”
            is creepy. Presumably he has seen everything but her face. No need for details but that is just weird. Suffice to say this kind of jahiliyah has no place in Islam. Must be something left over from the times of idol worship or some perversion of true Islam.
            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh I remember that, there was a story where a wife was so angry when her husband lifted her veil while she was asleep, she asked for divorce, he asked her forgiveness and then they're still married.

From my point of view it is very strange, but interesting. I don't remember the name of these tribes who still practice this though...
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                "OMG Arabs are so cultural" :D

Seriously though, this:

is creepy. Presumably he has seen everything but her face. No need for details but that is just weird. Suffice to say this kind of jahiliyah has no place in Islam. Must be something left over from the times of idol worship or some perversion of true Islam.
                The Saudi woman who wants a divorce - because her husband tried to sneak one look at her face after 30 years of marriage
                Last updated at 12:46 19 May 2008

Comments (0)
                After 30 years of marriage, cynics might say most husbands and wives would have seen quite enough of each other, thank you very much.
                But not in the case of one Saudi Arabian man who managed to live with his wife for three decades without setting eyes on her face.
                Not that he had much choice about it. His 50-year-old wife followed the tradition of her native village near the south-western city of Khamis Mushayt and kept her features veiled at all times.
                Until one night last month, that is, when the husband was finally overcome by curiosity and tried to lift his wife's veil as she slept to take a look at her face.
                Scroll down for more ...

Tradition: In the village in South West Saudia Arabia, women keep their features veiled at all times (file picture)
                It was an error he is unlikely to be given a chance to repeat for his outraged wife woke up during his sneak peek and is now demanding a divorce.
                'After all these years, he tries to commit such a big mistake,' she told Saudi newspaper Al-Riyadh after leaving the house in disbelief.
                She said her husband apologised and promised never to do it again, but she insisted she wanted a divorce. It is not the first example of Saudi husbands with wives forever shrouded in mystery.
                There was the case of Ali al-Qahtani whose wife had been wearing a face veil for the entire ten years of their marriage. When he tried to take it off she threatened to leave and only decided to stay after he swore never to try again.
                And neither the husband or children of Om Rabea al-Gahdaray, 70, have ever seen her face. It was a family tradition, also followed by her mother and sisters, which her husband accepted and never tried to change, she said.
                Many Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia and Iran require women to cover their faces in public but in the privacy of their homes there is no such compulsion.
                But always remaining veiled - even in front of your husband - is not an Islamic practice, but a very old tradition practised.
                Most examples of it are in Saudi, one of the most conservative of countries.
                Last edited by Remember12345; 11-10-12, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                  Oh I remember that, there was a story where a wife was so angry when her husband lifted her veil while she was asleep, she asked for divorce, he asked her forgiveness and then they're still married.

From my point of view it is very strange, but interesting. I don't remember the name of these tribes who still practice this though...
                  ^^^^^

Comment

these people are only destroying themselves by going to such extremes. why make something difficult that Allah made easy. they are putting their traditions before islam.
                    "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                    (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                    He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Ah thank you. It is a bit sad for the children though, not even seeing their mother.
                      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

eh? :shock:
                        Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                          these people are only destroying themselves by going to such extremes. why make something difficult that Allah made easy. they are putting their traditions before islam.
                          Absolutely.....
                          Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

It's excessive. Part of love-making is having a strong bond or connection, so why make it needlessly difficult by keeping the veil on? It's important to enjoy one another's company and to do favors for one another.
                            "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe a word of it. I've seen this "report" before on other websites, it's not new at all. They are all published by "staff" or similar titles, and there are no references for when and where this occurred. Btw, what is a "burqu"?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X