No announcement yet.

Question for sisters about hair issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for sisters about hair issue.

Salamu alaykum sisters,

I just registered on this forum, and if i did, it's because i'm really lost and need help.

Here's my problem, for almost 2 years until now, i've been trough hardships with my hair, at first, it was fine, but slowly i started loosing about 3 to 4 hair a day, i thought it was ok, did some research and found out that it's ok if you loose less than 20 hair a day.

Then later on, it started becoming weak and started loosing more hair every day, when i've noticed that its getting worse, i decided to go to a doctor's office, been checked, and the doctor prescribed, different syrups and shampoos for me to apply for about 6 to 12 months, thats what i did, and hair started growing a little bit, but once i stopped the treatment after 12 months, i started loosing hair again.

Just a disclaimer here, i used to iron my hair every week, like 2 years ago never really dyed it. And i know it can't be the reason of me loosing hair, because i know a lot of sisters who dye their hair, flat iron it every day, and it looks mashallah great.

Do you sisters have any traditional herbs or oils that might help me with that ? to stop hair loss and cure my damaged hair ?

And also, im only on my early 20s, and i started having white hair, and obvisouly i do'nt want to dye it, because i already have many problems with it, damaged and hair loss.

I really want my hair back !!!!! please sisters any advices or recommendations ??? anything traditional maybe ?

looking forward to some of your responses,

Jazakom allah!

Re: Question for sisters about hair issue.

Wa alaykum al salaam wa rahmat allah wa barakatuh. :)

Well maybe it has something to do with diet.
    When I was in uni I had hair fall it was noticeable but not severe, maybe it was because I ate all kinds of unhealthy foods. (Mostly sugary) :s

So maybe you should try to eliminate any kind of extrinsic sugar from your diet. Just eat fruits instead insha'allah.

And I read this article about sulfur containing compounds helping with hair fall like onions, garlic, eggs, and cabbage. But you need to avoid over cooking them, so you can benefit from them.

Another thing I think really oily food has something to do with premature greying, one of my friends had grey hair in high school and she ate very very oily foods, although genetics has something to do with it.

So again maybe dietary change will help you, and be very gentle with your hair. Don't brush it when it's still wet just finger comb it until it's dry.
    Have a look at this article insha'allah. I hope you find it beneficial.
    http://www.articlesbase.com/hair-los...n-5070855.html

When it comes to topical things garlic juice and oil juice is supposed to be helpful if you can put up with the smell. :o
    (although I have never tried it)

Comment

:wswrwb:

A friend of mine started having grey hairs at a really young age, I think it has something to do with her genes.

As for oils, I heard argan oil is very good for hair, though it can be quite pricey. It's from Morocco. I'm still trying to get my hands on it.

Comment

Sometimes premature grey can be genetic, but it can also sometimes be caused by a vitamin B deficiency.
        Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

walaykoum wasalam

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post
          Wa alaykum al salaam wa rahmat allah wa barakatuh. :)

Well maybe it has something to do with diet.
          When I was in uni I had hair fall it was noticeable but not severe, maybe it was because I ate all kinds of unhealthy foods. (Mostly sugary) :s

So maybe you should try to eliminate any kind of extrinsic sugar from your diet. Just eat fruits instead insha'allah.

And I read this article about sulfur containing compounds helping with hair fall like onions, garlic, eggs, and cabbage. But you need to avoid over cooking them, so you can benefit from them.

Another thing I think really oily food has something to do with premature greying, one of my friends had grey hair in high school and she ate very very oily foods, although genetics has something to do with it.

So again maybe dietary change will help you, and be very gentle with your hair. Don't brush it when it's still wet just finger comb it until it's dry.
          Have a look at this article insha'allah. I hope you find it beneficial.
          http://www.articlesbase.com/hair-los...n-5070855.html

When it comes to topical things garlic juice and oil juice is supposed to be helpful if you can put up with the smell. :o
          (although I have never tried it)
          i always thought hair loss was due to hijab but thank u for the link

Comment

I have been wearing hijaab for a long time now الحمدلله I would be bald by now. :o

So no I don't think that's the reason. You are welcome.

Comment

:salams

I have been having hair issues toooo and ive tried quite a few things, all typesof oils, massaging, food changes etc etc
              I even tried onion juice loooooooool i dont know if it made any difference, the hair was shinier and felt more tough after but the smell is too much and it may or may not even work , ive given up worrying about it, everything is from Allah so its a done deal for me alhamdulilah Allah has the power to do anything, can give all the hair back in a second if He chose to, and if He doesn't, then He has reason alhamdulilah :)

anyway, long story short, salah, du3a, healthy food, exercise, and no stress because everythin is alhamdulilah :) and you willl be fine inshallah

May Allah give you all your hair back and more and good health ameen

i just had to add : we all know the obvs reasons and benefits of salah, but since this hair problem, i done a lot of lookin into things, and bloodflow is good and look at the beauty of sujood and when our head is placed on teh ground, and the blood rushes to your head; and you do this so many times in the day ....just found this fascinating and not saying this is the reason one should do salah yeah, just another mercy from Allah as far as i see alhamdulilah!
              Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 11-10-12, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
                :salams

I have been having hair issues toooo and ive tried quite a few things, all typesof oils, massaging, food changes etc etc
                I even tried onion juice loooooooool i dont know if it made any difference, the hair was shinier and felt more tough after but the smell is too much and it may or may not even work , ive given up worrying about it, everything is from Allah so its a done deal for me alhamdulilah Allah has the power to do anything, can give all the hair back in a second if He chose to, and if He doesn't, then He has reason alhamdulilah :)

anyway, long story short, salah, du3a, healthy food, exercise, and no stress because everythin is alhamdulilah :) and you willl be fine inshallah

May Allah give you all your hair back and more and good health ameen

i just had to add : we all know the obvs reasons and benefits of salah, but since this hair problem, i done a lot of lookin into things, and bloodflow is good and look at the beauty of sujood and when our head is placed on teh ground, and the blood rushes to your head; and you do this so many times in the day ....just found this fascinating and not saying this is the reason one should do salah yeah, just another mercy from Allah as far as i see alhamdulilah!
                LOOOL were you the one who made that thread about the onion smell not leaving your hair?

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                  LOOOL were you the one who made that thread about the onion smell not leaving your hair?

guilty as charged

Comment

Two very common reasons for young women to start losing hair are Thyroid disorders and Polycystic ovary disease. You should ask your doctor to test you for these.

Rogaine is not a permanent solution and only lasts about a year or two. Other treatments will not help hair regrow until the root cause (diet, diseases, stress) is fixed.

Comment

- reduce stress level by taking time to do something you like or something that makes you feel relaxed for atleast 1 hour
                      - drink green tea and water
                      - try TRES emme healthy volume shampoo and condtioner, it will make it thicker insha Allah.

Insha Allah it's nothing serious
                      Fall down 7 times, stand up 8 :up: :boom: :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by FatimaE View Post
                        - reduce stress level by taking time to do something you like or something that makes you feel relaxed for atleast 1 hour
                        - drink green tea and water
                        - try TRES emme healthy volume shampoo and condtioner, it will make it thicker insha Allah.

Insha Allah it's nothing serious
                        Jazakillah where can I find this shampoo ?

Comment

you could also try somehting like toppik it makes your hair look thicker , it only masks the problem though, it doesnt correct it

Comment

Originally posted by Majida2012 View Post
                            Jazakillah where can I find this shampoo ?
                            you shold be able to find that shampoo at most beauty/drugstores/super market stores inshallah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X