Woe be to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woe be to me!

كان توبة بن الصمة من المحاسبين لأنفسهم فحسب يوماً، فإذا هو ابن ستين سنة، فحسب أيامها، فإذا هي أحد وعشرون ألف يوم وخمسمائة يوم، فصرخ وقال: يا ويلي! ألقى ربي بأحد وعشرين ألف ذنب؟ كيف وفي كل يوم آلاف من الذنوب؟ ثم خر مغشياً عليه فإذا هو ميت

“It is said about Tawbah bin Samah that he daily took account of himself. One day he calculated his age and concluded that sixty years of his life had passed. Then he counted the days in sixty years and that came to twenty one thousand six hundred. He was shocked and said to himself, “Woe be to me. Will I face Lord having committed twenty one thousand six hundred sins”. After having uttered these words he fell down unconscious and passed away (in grief)”.

["Muhasabat an-Nafs", 48].

:(

Re: Woe be to me!

Sis what's the moral of the story? :)
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      A couple I guess

1. Nothing is hidden from Allah, everything is recorded.

Yunus (10)

61 Neither you (O Muhammad ملسوهيلع هللا ىلص) do any deed nor recite any portion of the Qur'an, - nor you (mankind) do any deed (good or evil) but We are Witness thereof, when you are doing it. And nothing is hidden from your Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom (or small ant) on the earth or in the heaven. Not what is less than that or what is greater than that but is (written) in a Clear Record.

Repent before you die

An-Nisa (4)

18 And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says: "Now I repent;" nor of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful torment.

Fear Allah and keep your duty to him

Al-Maeda (5)

35 O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. And seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause (as much as you can), so that you may be successful
      Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

Thank you :)

What I got from it was the man despaired in the mercy of Allah? And the sins he counted overwhelmed him so he had a heart attack or something?

Repent, whenever and wherever! Asthagfirullaha innallaha ghafur-ur raheem (surah baqarah)
        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Mashallah
          what a rigteous man,, sub7anAllah

:jkk: MoMo

@Candyapple

i think when the man realized how long he lived and how many sins he could potentially commited and the fear that struck at that moment ,Allah decided to end this man's life for him not to commit any more sins , and u could link it to the mercy of Allah

Comment

Comment

The Moral is to Take account of your before you are held to account by Allah ta'ala in Qiyama

the following article explains this in detail ...

Hold yourselves to account before you are held to account

The believer is the on who is continuously questioning his soul and holding it to account for every word, movement and moment of rest. What did I hope for from it? And what did I desire by it?You will not find a believer except that he is (constantly) holding his soul to account. What did I intend with that word of mine? What did I intend with my food? What did I intend with my drinkThe intelligent person is the one who controls his own soul (calls it to account) and acts (in preparation) for what comes after deathCall your souls to account before you are called to account and weigh your souls (i.e. your actions) before you are weighed for it will make the accountability easier for you tomorrow if you call your selves to account todayhttp://lutonmuslims.com/index.php?op...arls&Itemid=66

:jkk:
              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 10-10-12, 04:42 AM.
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

the moral is that those ppl committed one sin per day. but today, ppl commit multitude of sins a day, so if you've been alive 21,600 days you must have committed like a million sins or at least several hundred thousand. in that case you should've died a long time ago from grief. the fact that you are still alive despite so many sins must mean you have very little taqwa, fear of Allah.

Comment

Suhabas (r.a) use to do 100% obedience yet feared about its acceptance, also prayed to ALLAH to save them from hell fire, by the grace & mercy of ALLAH (Jalla Jalaaluhu).

We don't even do 1% obedience (in terms of quality) yet are carefree & keep developing hopes of the highest degree in Jannah.
                  Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

^ Even though some of them were promised jannah.

لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

May allah سبحانه وتعالى have mercy on us

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                      the moral is that those ppl committed one sin per day. but today, ppl commit multitude of sins a day, so if you've been alive 21,600 days you must have committed like a million sins or at least several hundred thousand. in that case you should've died a long time ago from grief. the fact that you are still alive despite so many sins must mean you have very little taqwa, fear of Allah.
                      They really felt as though their Sins where like a mountain on top of them about to crush them completely ...

nowadays we wipe of major and minor Sins like flies sitting on our nose,

Nauzubillah min zaliq,

:jkk:
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X