Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

    ^^if the guy is a stranger, then most likely, walk away from him, thinking who'se this stranger? what does he want? probably expecting that wants a fling or date. i don't think we would expect that he wants to get married.

    i don't think we would give him the chance to get to the second question.

    however,if we know him, like from school or work, then it might be different.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

      Originally posted by Abu Hanzalah View Post
      Deflection, Tsk tsk. Well let me re-phrase. Muslim women when accosted by men in public, how are they to answer a man who asks her those 2 questions? Everyone knows women move about the city without mahrams in practically every city in the world. Mahrams are only a requirement for a Muslim women while she travels outside the city. Due to that it is common for women to move about the city without mahrams. That is not the issue. The issue is how they would would the brother who poses those two questions to her?
      Well, before she answers any questions posed to her, she will obviously have 2questions of her own. 1. How much mahr can you give and I'm sure you've guessed the second? 2. Do you have a PhD but asking either question will primarily depend on her assessment of his height
      *sweet innocent smile*
      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

        Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
        I agree with you all 100 percent,but I have mainly Hadith quotes and people tweeting about Islam,palestine suffering and sunnah so everytime I look @ my fone I'm constantly reminded,but sometimes when you least expect it you get caught of guard.Yes I agree a man should talk to the wali first,but we live in different countries,he has no idea exactly where I live or even a telephone number...if he had to ask for those details I would never give until I knew the reason he wanted it
        it would be best not to expect that anything can be gotten out of the internet. most of the time internet relationships are a huge waste of time.

        now i want to knw, and this is a general question, why are people ashamed of online matrimonials but not facebook/twitter relationships? is that the shaytan misleading muslims into thinkin that online matrimonials are somethig to be embarrased about but meeting someone through twitter / facebook is cool?

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

          Originally posted by Zesty View Post
          Well, before she answers any questions posed to her, she will obviously have 2questions of her own. 1. How much mahr can you give and I'm sure you've guessed the second? 2. Do you have a PhD but asking either question will primarily depend on her assessment of his height
          *sweet innocent smile*
          Zesty, women are usually not able to make me laugh. But you certainly managed.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

            Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
            one thing to keep in mind about people online: they are just after having some fun. nothing will be permanent. and that means more heartache in the long run.

            i agree with those who say to block him. if you want to give dawah, make a general post about dawah, such as music being haram, the necessity of hijab, the obligation of praying 5 times a day and praying on time etc. I'm sure this guy won't like you after that.
            Trust me sister I only tweet about those stuff you mention,that's the thing his most attracted to,he seems like he wants to change,but I can't sit waiting for him to change and in the end I might be heart broken.

            I'm happy I deactivated my account before I started to have deeper feelings,like I said thanks once again for the advice

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

              Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
              Trust me sister I only tweet about those stuff you mention,that's the thing his most attracted to,he seems like he wants to change,but I can't sit waiting for him to change and in the end I might be heart broken.

              I'm happy I deactivated my account before I started to have deeper feelings,like I said thanks once again for the advice
              I would like some insight from u on this thing that's bugging me.

              I see a lot of young girls falling in love at the drop of a hat, its usually the teenagers, so is it the idea of falling in love or the idea that u were desired by this man or being in a relationship makes u feel all fuzzy inside , what is it?

              I just cannot understand this aspect of females.

              I have seen women fall in love with men after two meetings and then they are sad as if they lost there husband if it doesn't work out.

              Also, I recently went through a notebook of a cousin of mine a young girl, the last page was filled with "I love yous" and all kinds of love poetry and she is supposedly very pious girl.

              Im truly fearing if my wife turns out to be someone like this.

              Also, the guy who claims to love u ,and please get this in your head, will lead u on with pretext of marriage and use u and then dump u.I have seen it happen so many time I cant even count.

              No one marries "some chick I met on twitter"

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                I would like some insight from u on this thing that's bugging me.

                I see a lot of young girls falling in love at the drop of a hat, its usually the teenagers, so is it the idea of falling in love or the idea that u were desired by this man or being in a relationship makes u feel all fuzzy inside , what is it?

                I just cannot understand this aspect of females.

                I have seen women fall in love with men after two meetings and then they are sad as if they lost there husband if it doesn't work out.

                Also, I recently went through a notebook of a cousin of mine a young girl, the last page was filled with "I love yous" and all kinds of love poetry and she is supposedly very pious girl.

                Im truly fearing if my wife turns out to be someone like this.

                Also, the guy who claims to love u ,and please get this in your head, will lead u on with pretext of marriage and use u and then dump u.I have seen it happen so many time I cant even count.

                No one marries "some chick I met on twitter"
                Hahahaaa your post made me laugh,No but seriously this happened to me for the first time,I think its the sense of humor and the abilty to make me laugh when I'm sad,I can't explain it.YES I get you CAN'T MARRY anyone on TWITTER,but what if you met someone and had an instant connection with,where you both new each others mind so well,would you just let it go.
                You say you fear your wife turning out like those girls,what's wrong with that,ALLAH has given everybody emotions and feelings,if you don't have that, then your're not human just a mere robot,ofcourse you must know how to control you emotions as a muslim,I know a lot of people in here are angry with the things I'm saying,but that's just the reality of life

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                  Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
                  Hahahaaa your post made me laugh,No but seriously this happened to me for the first time,I think its the sense of humor and the abilty to make me laugh when I'm sad,I can't explain it.YES I get you CAN'T MARRY anyone on TWITTER,but what if you met someone and had an instant connection with,where you both new each others mind so well,would you just let it go.
                  You say you fear your wife turning out like those girls,what's wrong with that,ALLAH has given everybody emotions and feelings,if you don't have that, then your're not human just a mere robot,ofcourse you must know how to control you emotions as a muslim,I know a lot of people in here are angry with the things I'm saying,but that's just the reality of life

                  Well I just made u laugh , what does that mean?

                  May Allah save me from females like u , then Aameen

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                    Block him!!!
                    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                      Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
                      I know a lot of people in here are angry with the things I'm saying,but that's just the reality of life
                      No one needs to be angry.
                      We all have to learn in this life.
                      Nobody is perfect.
                      And experience teaches me that those who display the most sanctimonious behaviour in public are the worst sinners in private.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                        If you're sincere and you're intentions are purely for the sake of Allah. Know that Allah will make anything easy for you...Ameen.The thing I learnt about people and especially some people in this forum is that they are too quick to judge others,when they are ones that need to take a closer look @ the mirror

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                          Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
                          The thing I learnt about people and especially some people in this forum is that they are too quick to judge others,when they are ones that need to take a closer look @ the mirror
                          Sad to say, but I do have to own up that I myself very often fall into this category.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                            Originally posted by Fatima Zahraa View Post
                            If you're sincere and you're intentions are purely for the sake of Allah. Know that Allah will make anything easy for you...Ameen.The thing I learnt about people and especially some people in this forum is that they are too quick to judge others,when they are ones that need to take a closer look @ the mirror
                            I dont think its about people judging, im sure everyone has had a crush in their lifetime, there are two types of girls, ones that make threads and ones that just keep it to themselves.
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                            O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
                            Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                              I think it was a really good move deactivating the account as soon as you saw it as a potential source of trouble, that is an admirable way of closing doors that lead away from the straight path and may Allah reward you for it.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                              "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: I've been on Twitter and I met a guy

                                I think, She isn't the only victim in Social Media, Alhamthulillah, Sister Fatima Zahraa did actually be frank enough to bring this topic here. Men are capable to attract women psychologically. It's not the only the guy who can attract women in twitter as mentioned above but almost all men are capable doing this. Male or Female, God has commanded us to guard our modesty. This is a test from God. "A man can love 1000 women but a Sincere Muslim man will love his wife in 1000 ways" <- read it somewhere.

                                May Allah guide all of us in straight path. Ameen
                                Smile ツ It doesn't cost you

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X