Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the importance of honouring ones parents in Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the importance of honouring ones parents in Islam?

:start:

Praise be to Allaah.Firstly: it is obedience to Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

[And there are many other Aayat and Mutawaatir Ahaadeeth which say similar things.

Secondly:(Saheeh Muslim, 4627).

Thirdly: Respecting and honouring them brings friendship and love.

Fourthly: respecting and obeying them is a way of showing gratitude to them because they are the ones who brought you into this world. You should also show gratitude towards them for bringing you up and taking care of you when you were young. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

[Luqmaan 31:14]

Fifthly: if a person honours his parents this may be the cause of his own children honouring him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

[al-Rahmaan 55:60]

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=5326&dgn=4
    Please Re-update your Signature

What of Children who have been sexually and or physicly/mentally abused by their parents? My understanding has been that honoring means not to speak of them with bad intentions, even though you may hate your parents. The reason this is an issue is because many kids that I deal with at the Boys and Girls club of America have dealt with such harsh realities in their lives, I have also experienced them myself, but I have forgivin my parent, but with our youth? How are we to deal with them when them and their trajedies?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X