I made a blunder.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a blunder.....

My university started couple of weeks back.

Today,the teacher told us to give a small lecture on any topic which the student wants.He made it obligatory on every student that he or she must come upon the stage and say few words or else he won't mark the attendance.

Having no options,I had to go on stage.I don't know why I became nervous.Even though I knew about the topic I was going to speak but I immediately froze.I was completely blank.For first few seconds I didn't say anything and when I did started to speak,it was all haphazard.

I feel that,I made a horrendous first impression.It was a total disaster.I got the attendance though.

I am feeling disappointment.:(

Any advices......

Re: I made a blunder.....

Don't be disappointed! The whole point of the exercise was to get you adjusted to the new system, as long as you attempted the exercise it does not matter.

I remember the first time I ever stood up in front of an audience in uni I was also nervous and lost for words! so it is quite normal but as you gain further experience the confidence will grow and you will eventually start enjoying it! In the future just be well prepared for presentations and do plenty of rehearsals.

Comment

Awww that happens only once. And then after awhile you'll get over it and become a better public speaker.
      I remember in UNi for a business presentations course I did well the whole semester as i never had problems with public speaking but then for the final that was worth the most the similar thing happened. I blanked on my speech which was an amazing topic. Needless to say I was mortified a shocked for the longest time. I couldn't watch tv because of the trauma :p anyway I got over it and started public speaking again and now it's no big deal at all, I'm a microphone hog and I mc all kinds of events, just recently mc'd my bff's wedding parties :up:
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

well at least u didnt stutter

Comment

It must be the girls, they do that.

Comment

Bump..

Comment

For starters u could

-->Create an imaginary line of dots at the end of the room and concentrate on those dots, look from one end to another so that it look like u are addressing the whole crowd, avoid looking at faces.

-->Imagine that the people in front of you are even more afraid of u than u are of them.I use this in interviews and it works well.Just keep saying to urself, 'these people are really scared of me', it really works.

-->Also, speak in front of the mirror , family members.Ask ur family members to interrupt u etc, so as to make u ready for such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember12345 View Post
                My university started couple of weeks back.

Today,the teacher told us to give a small lecture on any topic which the student wants.He made it obligatory on every student that he or she must come upon the stage and say few words or else he won't mark the attendance.

Having no options,I had to go on stage.I don't know why I became nervous.Even though I knew about the topic I was going to speak but I immediately froze.I was completely blank.For first few seconds I didn't say anything and when I did started to speak,it was all haphazard.

I feel that,I made a horrendous first impression.It was a total disaster.I got the attendance though.

I am feeling disappointment.:(

Any advices......
                comes with time and experience. i did quite a few presentations in college and uni. you just need to blank everyone out
                The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X