Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking buddies... :)

Salaams sisters,

Are there any muslim sisters in the Hounslow area, I want to get fit and back into shape, and go for walking in the parks or anywhere nice, but I want some company, so any walking buddies interested??

I would feel much better physically and mentally with good company. I need some good company right now.
    Last edited by Sweet_Jalebis; 25-09-12, 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    :inlove:

Re: Walking buddies... :)

Comment

Originally posted by innocent_girl View Post
      What are you making faces for? she wants to find a muslim woman to get fit with

Sorry I cant help, im not in London.
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Jalebis View Post
        Salaams sisters,

Are there any muslim sisters in the Hounslow area, I want to get fit and back into shape, and go for walking in the parks or anywhere nice, but I want some company, so any walking buddies interested??

I would feel much better physically and mentally with good company. I need some good company right now.
        Wasalam sis,

I would love to but im not in London either :(
        "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
        "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

Comment

Fairy

a newbie who just registered on ummah ,asking members to go on walks naaaaaaaaaaaah man

alarmbells

we have lil kids in here ,, we should report it
          Last edited by innocent_girl; 25-09-12, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Jalebis View Post
            Salaams sisters,

:wswrwb: thats a really nice idea. sadly im not in that area, its miles away from me.

Are you a revert sister ? not that it matters, just your name is a sandskrit and usually, hindu name so i was just wondering :)
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Salaam Sis,

I live in London but too far from Hounslow.

:(
              "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                :wswrwb: thats a really nice idea. sadly im not in that area, its miles away from me.

Are you a revert sister ? not that it matters, just your name is a sandskrit and usually, hindu name so i was just wondering :)
                Which name sister? Her name is a sweet Indian delicacy?

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
                  Which name sister? Her name is a sweet Indian delicacy?
                  lol

her name is Amrita :)

and welcome to the forum sister
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                    lol

her name is Amrita :)

and welcome to the forum sister
                    Doh! That explains it.

Sister I think finding a walking buddy is a good idea but we don't know you hence you might find find some difficulty. In any case I'm too far away!

Comment

Sis I would have but I'm a bit far from Hounslow. If you go on netmums website,the meet a mum section or local boards u might find someone more local so its worth a try, there are muslims on there too.. cos from here u might not get someone local enough for you cos people are spread all over!
                      I know what you mean, with walking buddies you can manage to keep walking and walking for ages but when you go on your own you quickly start to feel bored of it. I am the same, never bother to go by myself but love walking if I go with someone to chat to
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

i wish i had a walking buddy! great idea sis...unfortunately i'm too far from hounslow...hope you find someone inshallaah

maybe you could put a sign in your mosque? or ask around local people?

Comment

Salaams Sister, Yes, I am a revert.

Thanks for responding , and no problem :)

Comment

ahaan... that is a good idea Hafsah, I will try that, InshaAllah

Thank you :)

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                              Sis I would have but I'm a bit far from Hounslow. If you go on netmums website,the meet a mum section or local boards u might find someone more local so its worth a try, there are muslims on there too.. cos from here u might not get someone local enough for you cos people are spread all over!
                              I know what you mean, with walking buddies you can manage to keep walking and walking for ages but when you go on your own you quickly start to feel bored of it. I am the same, never bother to go by myself but love walking if I go with someone to chat to
                              No problemo, I will check that out, Thank you Anna :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X