Question about Islam / Quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Islam / Quran

Quran says God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars. While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe. Please explain this. Regards

Re: Question about Islam / Quran

Originally posted by muslimstudent View Post
    Quran says God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars. While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe. Please explain this. Regards
    That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by oz99 View Post
      That doesn't make any sense.
      Thanks for your time to understand my question. I will wait for someone to whom it will make any sense.

Jazak'Allah

Comment

Originally posted by muslimstudent View Post
        Thanks for your time to understand my question. I will wait for someone to whom it will make any sense.

Jazak'Allah
        First of all, the concept of celestial planets, stars and the universe is acknowledged in the Quran.

Secondly, nobody knows what is out there in the universe.

"even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe"

Wrong. This is not proven in science. There are various mathematical models in the universe but none have been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Astronomy is largely built upon complex equations, rather than going out there and observing said events. Due to the immense vastness of space, it's impossible to explore and study such things in person.

For further reading:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_the_Universe

We simply don't know 'what' the shape of the universe is. It is also said that the universe is consistently expanding.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Oz99

While my question is about quran's way of mentioning the sky, Quran says sky is without pillars, which is clearly in sense of a sky we see from earth which looks like a roof. When quran mentions pillars it clearly shows that sky is being taken as a roof or something physical.

Also, Earth to sky is like a grain of sand to whole sand of oceans, then how come sky can fell on the earth.

I am not trying to prove quran wrong, I have full understanding that there might be such meanings behind this which a scholar understands well.

JazakaAllah Khair

Comment

It is talking about the rotation of celestial bodies and gravity. How there is perfect equilibrium between the planets and the sun such that they do not crash into the sun nor escape but remain in orbit.

Comment

In some verses sky means atmosphere from which the rain descended or means roof that protects us from meteorites rain.
              But in QS 22:65 below, sky means celestial bodies like moon; sun; planets; stars and so on.

Surah 22 (Al-Haj/pilgrimage), Verse 65:
              Do you not see that Allah has subjected to you what is in the earth and the ship that sailed the sea by His command. And He restrain (things of) the sky fall to the earth, but by His permission? Verily Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful to humans.

Furthermore, please study what is presented by Abu Turaab and you will find that gravity is the sunna of Allah SWT (the way of celestial bodies glorify Allah SWT, as the Word of Allah SWT in the QS 17:44). And with this Sunna, scientists can put variety of satellites orbiting the earth.
              Wassalaam.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X