• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To give or not to give?!

A salaam alaykum

Bismillah

I have a old bag I'd like to give away to somebody whose poor,
    I thought this one women was poor, I told her I'd give it to her,
    I found she's rich, so I changed my mind, also I'm shy to give it to somebody rich because the bag is not new,
    I found another women whose poor and has only like 2 bags or 1, I want to give it to that women,
    I plan to lie to the rich women and give it to the real poor, what do you think I should do the halal way?

I want to lie to Not make her sad, not haram , right?
    Last edited by ~IMAN~; 08-09-12, 03:34 PM.

Re: To give or not to give?!

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
    A salaam alaykum

Bismillah

I found she's rich, so I changed my mind, also I'm shy to give it to somebody rich because the bag is not new,
    I found another women whose poor and has only like 2 bags or 1, I want to give it to that women,
    I plan to lie to the rich women and give it to the real poor, what do you think I should do the halal way?
    What are we counting as rich? A bag, do you mean a purse?

If it is a purse, then you already said you would give it to the old woman, you should give it to her. Then buy a new bag, and give it to the poor woman. Or, you can buy a new bag for the old woman, and give the old one to the poor woman.

Or, you can be honest and say that i have found a poor woman who really needs the bag, so i am going to give it to her instead.

Comment

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
      A salaam alaykum

Bismillah

Walaikum salam

Give it to the poor person and just explain to the rich person you gave it to someone else because they needed it more.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
        Walaikum salam

Give it to the poor person and just explain to the rich person you gave it to someone else because they needed it more.
        Exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X