Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To : all who thinks that music is haraam....honest answer, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To : all who thinks that music is haraam....honest answer, please!

Originally posted by Azamasim View Post
    It is the musical instruments that are banned. There is only a few music instruments that are allowed. Also men are not supposed to listen to women sing, and it could possibly be the other way around depending on which scholar you follow.

If Nasheed is voice and no musical instruments then it is allowed.
    Which instruments are allowed then?
    I believe violin and piano, since they completely negate the need for any voice.

Comment

Originally posted by AbdullahGeorge View Post
      Which instruments are allowed then?
      I believe violin and piano, since they completely negate the need for any voice.
      The use of the drum is allowed on the occasion of a wedding, wedding feast (walimah) and both days of Eid. This is concerning the drum which has no tinkle. The drum which has the tinkle is not permitted to be used.

Playing of all other instruments is not allowed. Islam prohibits music and therefore music is haram (unlawful).

Its direct effect is exciting and leading people away from the right path, (the path of Allah SWT). It spoils morality and causes addiction. It is mentioned in the Holy Quran under “Lahwal Hadith” (idle talk):

“And among the people is the one who buys idle talk in order to lead (people) astray from the path of Allah without knowledge, holding it in mockery; for such there will be a humiliating punishment. (31:6)”. (Commentators of the Holy Quran have also included music in 'idle talk.')

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST

Comment

Originally posted by arachnide View Post
        ^^ I'm sorry bro, but the hadith you quoted is dha'if. It wasn't directly between Ibn Mas'ud and Rasulullah SAAW. Ibn Mas'ud heard it from an unknown man (majhul), and majhul is not to be a valid resource.
        as for the Ahadith cited earlier,

Hadith of Sunan of Abu Dawood, Number 4909,

Salam ibn Miskin, quoting an old man who witnessed AbuWa'il in a wedding feast, said: They began to play, amuse and sing. He united the support of his hand round his knees that were drawn up, and said: I heard Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) say: I heard the apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Singing produces hypocrisy in the heart.

it's meaning is sound ...

theres several other authentic ones which Forbid Music ... it is also known that Hypocrites indulge in that which is Prohibited.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet :saw: saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

[Al-Bukhari]

The Messenger of Allaah peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him :saw: said : "A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allaah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine."

[Ibn Maajah / Al-Bayhaqi]

Rasulullah :saw: said : "Verily I did not prohibit weeping [per se], but rather I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping off mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it."

[Al-Haakim]

in addition to this, Music is Prohibited in the Quran.

:jkk:
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
          There are similar quotes from other taabi`is and scholars though, and there are also other evidences that are authentic, including Qur'aanic verses. Actually I was listening to a sheikh yesterday and he just happened to mention how no mathhab, not the four known ones or even the lesser known mathaahib, say music is permitted.
          It is agreed upon Unanimously upon by all 4 Madhabs that the Munkar known as Music is Prohibited, yet we find people trying to justify this filth in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Azamasim View Post
            The use of the drum is allowed on the occasion of a wedding, wedding feast (walimah) and both days of Eid. This is concerning the drum which has no tinkle. The drum which has the tinkle is not permitted to be used.

Playing of all other instruments is not allowed. Islam prohibits music and therefore music is haram (unlawful).

Its direct effect is exciting and leading people away from the right path, (the path of Allah SWT). It spoils morality and causes addiction. It is mentioned in the Holy Quran under “Lahwal Hadith” (idle talk):

“And among the people is the one who buys idle talk in order to lead (people) astray from the path of Allah without knowledge, holding it in mockery; for such there will be a humiliating punishment. (31:6)”. (Commentators of the Holy Quran have also included music in 'idle talk.')

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST
            OK, JZK, thanks a million for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Azamasim:4847621
              Any Muslim who listens to music is automatically a Kuffir, that is listening to it on your own will. If it is playing somewhere in public, then leave the area so you do not hear it anymore.
              The person who listens to music is a sinner not a kaffir. Becareful in making takfieer.
              Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
              (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Akhi Azamasim, Listening to Music is without a Doubt Haraam and a great Sin, but it does not take a Muslim out of the fold of Islam.

it is not right to call a Muslim who listens to Music a Kaafir,

Unless of course Allah ta'ala and his Rasul :saw: are abused etc ...

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-09-12, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X