This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ebony
    Beats me, I doubt any wife would think to ask for permission. Getting out asap would be the 1st thing in mind.

But i am sure i read somewhere, probably one of those fatwa websites tht she needs/might need the husbands permission to leave...let me look it up and get bck to u on tht Sis CW.

Ws
    I know what you mean, its for khula/separation.

But leaving the house for your own safety is a different thing. Any scholar who said ask permission from your abusive husband to leave the house must be out of his mind or totally out of touch with reality.

Hardly sensible to ask the man who is constantly beating the living daylights out of you if you can leave the house for your own safety?! He'd probably reply with his fist!

And as far as I am aware if he refuses separation you can go to an imam, explain the situation and get the marriage annulled via him(the imam).

We discussed this in the thread I created about divorce I think :scratch:
    [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
    [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water
      And as far as I am aware if he refuses separation you can go to an imam, explain the situation and get the marriage annulled via him(the imam).

We discussed this in the thread I created about divorce I think :scratch:
      yeh, the annullment of the marriage is done thru the Imam if the guy is being a pain in the rear end and refuses to divorce

he might hve to purchase a boxing bag instead of practising it out on his wife..oh the cost of that ....(!)

Ws
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
        ok, i will go first

its against the rules of islam and this board to blaspheme islam

to say that the quran needs changing is to deny that its perfect and will not be changed until the last day, thus in turn saying Allah is a liar when Allah says in this book is guidance WITHOUT DOUBT

ok, sheikha, now its your turn
        So bro AbuM, you have banned bro hassan because you think what he is doing is wrong (as he requested- sort of).. fair enough he said "fine by me!" in defiance but I don't see under what pretext you have done so in terms of ummah.com rules about banning..
        He clearly stated in his post that you quoted that he does not believe the Quran needs changing. So you cannot use that as a reason.
        At least get the reasons for banning him right, before you do!

Also I think it is VERY patronising to keep refering to sis mariam as "sheikha", if I was her I would be well frustrated by that, why don't you uphold the respect we should show one another when speaking or giving naseeha as I suppose you are trying to do and simply call her as your sister in Islam rather than patronising her?

Obviously both her and hassan are vexing you and you are letting that show in your responses and actions. Maybe you should calm down a bit instead of throwing toys out of the pram.

Just my thoughts on this.
        [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
        [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
        Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
        [/CENTER]

Comment

P.S. Also I was sort of hoping hassan would go more into his example, because I didn't think he could back up his view anyway.. now we can't see his response..

would still be good if someone else with more knowledge about it could tell us more about that.

[/FONT][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Comment

hey I'll have the toys
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

So let me state very clearly that I believe issues such as Hitting ones wife, Slavery, stoning and Death sentence for someone who excersise his freedom to choose whatever religion he believes were not meant to be applied at all times in all places - and that they were specific to the conditions and circumstances of the time.

i really think that either some muslims enjoy watching argument, or they dont understand their islam

now regarding mariam, i apologize, i shouldnt call her sheikha, and i apologize if i have offended mariam

but the honest truth is that how many times does a muslim have to be reminded that statements of kufr are not to emanate nor originate from a muslim

someone posted, that we should let new muslims have time before we enjoin the halal and haram, without giving any daleel or examples

now which is worse? me calling mariam sheikha, in an effort for me to show her that she isnt a sheikh, not even close and she should be mindful of her opinions

or someone posting that muslimahs have an undetermined amount of time to obey Allah?

i am truly at a loss of where the ummah wants to go
              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                its against the rules of islam and this board to blaspheme islam

to say that the quran needs changing is to deny that its perfect and will not be changed until the last day, thus in turn saying Allah is a liar when Allah says in this book is guidance WITHOUT DOUBT
                I wonder how you got blaspheme out of these statements? The man is clearly calling for Ijtihad, and he even defines the process for you....

Peace:

We must make it explicit in Shari'ah that hitting ones wife under ANY circumstances is now FORBIDDEN!!!!!!!

Otherwise such wife beaters will always abuse this sanction in the Qur'an!

Peace:

Yes you make a good point. There must be some acceptable framework and basis for re-interpretation - it cannot be simply up to the whim of any Tom, Dick or Harry.

I have suggested before that the consensus of the scholars could be that basis and the framework could be a close exammination of the Qur'an and Sunnah and use of "Ijtihad" - using the very tools God gave us - "Aql" (Reasoning/intelligence) and "Fitrah" (nature/conscience).

If the scholars were to once again apply ijtihad and use sound reasoning and understanding of the conditions and situation then as compared to the conditions and situation now - I feel confident they could come to an agreement on what re-interpretations are necessary.

But unfortuantely - at the moment - few scholars are willing to take such bold steps.

But I am hopeful that this will happen eventually

Comment

My turn:

Ijtihad

Exerting the sum total of one's ability attempting to uncover Allah's rulings on issues from their sources (Qur'an, Sunnah, Ijma', etc.). Sometimes divided into complete ijtihad (the ability of one to independently arrive at Allah's rulings in all areas of fiqh) and partial ijtihad (the ability of one to do so only in certain areas of fiqh in which they have exerted such efforts).

Usually arrived at by a consensus of scholars.

Comment

thank you
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• obviously as soon as you become a muslim, all of Allah(swt)'s commands become a fardh upon you and every second you are not following them you are in direct defiance of Allah(swt) (if you are aware of them and understand them and yet do not follow them)..

if someone says "let them have time" ..then correct that by saying, such and such is a fardh you are neglecting, so they are aware of the truth..

but really that muslims probably meant, we can't expect people to transform completely over night and should not just condemn them and pressurise them, but rather help them as we can to make those changes come about quicker..

that doesn't mean its O.K to not wear hijaab for however many months/years after reverting..

its just an acknowledgment of that fact that most likely.. that change won't come straight away for many reasons, fear, lack of knowledge, insecurity, whatever.. but that instead of pressure we should give support and help..

sis mariam will tell you thats what the sisters did when she came here, I think it probably helped her more than a telling off, which will probably just make her depressed and nothing more.

I hope you get what I'm saying, I'm not excusing any disobedience to Allah(swt), just saying what you see as excusing it, is probably just acknowledging that new muslims aren't super-muslims and they won't miraculously walk into a phone box as a non-muslim and walk out as the most perfect muslim ever.

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                      [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chained_Water
                        So bro AbuM, you have banned bro hassan because you think what he is doing is wrong (as he requested- sort of).. fair enough he said "fine by me!" in defiance but I don't see under what pretext you have done so in terms of ummah.com rules about banning..
                        He clearly stated in his post that you quoted that he does not believe the Quran needs changing. So you cannot use that as a reason.
                        At least get the reasons for banning him right, before you do!

Also I think it is VERY patronising to keep refering to sis mariam as "sheikha", if I was her I would be well frustrated by that, why don't you uphold the respect we should show one another when speaking or giving naseeha as I suppose you are trying to do and simply call her as your sister in Islam rather than patronising her?

Obviously both her and hassan are vexing you and you are letting that show in your responses and actions. Maybe you should calm down a bit instead of throwing toys out of the pram.

Just my thoughts on this.
                        o

was that hassan?
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• who, Peace?

yes

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                          [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chained_Water
                            So "sheikha" was an attempt of him patronizing me?

Why I'm simply shocked.

I thought the brother had more maturity than to play at such games.

Comment

• sheikha in Arabic can be the old lady (exactly 40+) and can also be the respected female scholar
                              My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

• Originally posted by Al-Nasser
                                sheikha in Arabic can be the old lady (exactly 40+) and can also be the respected female scholar
                                I'm 47, and a scholar of sorts...so maybe he had it dead on then? :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X