Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahlam, I'm telling you clowns are super duper creepy.

The only clown that isn't creepy is Krusty!

But all the others are just plain creepy!

I dunno why I asked, the thought of creepy clowns just popped into my head.

Where the heck did they dream the concept of the clown up from? There is something seriously creepy and disturbing about clowns, no idea why it strikes a deep chord of fear amongst so many people.

Comment

One of your random questions then. I dont know but there is something awfully disturbing about clownsIve read way too many books that have killers as clowns.

w/s
      Fulaana Bint Fulaan

Comment

So...since my question went un-answered or wasn't notice, I think its suffice to assume that if the wife is being beaten she can retaliate and break his arm and/or leg. Why get someone else to do it (brothers to b exct), when doing it yourself would be much more satisfying

Ws
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

I mean sure enough if you have the strength of beating the husband so be it do it.the opportunity is admissible, lol

w/s
          Fulaana Bint Fulaan

Comment

I once watched a movie called Clownhouse (the true horror went on behind the scenes when the camera wasn't rolling).

It was about three young brothers who's parents go out for the night and the 3 brothers are left home alone.

A group of mental asylum patients escape from the local sanitarium, and they glide by a circus nearby where they pinch a bunch of clown outfits and make up.

Next stop, the house where the 3 brothers are home alone!

That was a creepy film, it really was.

Not as creepy as Black Christmas though, that will give you many sleepless nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony
              I don't see how hitting the wife is going to 'discipline' her, its more of a humiliation and is bound to affect the relationship between the spouses.

Actually, what if the wife hits him back? would she be reprimanded for it, since he was just doing that which is within his right (so it would seem)?

Ws
              If the wife hits him back he will probable just hit her harder. It's better to just slip away while he is asleep.

Peace to all....
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Friend
                If the wife hits him back he will probable just hit her harder. It's better to just slip away while he is asleep.

Peace to all....
                If only walking away was as easy as that. If children are involved, its even harder to leave.

Also, doesn't the wife need her husband's permission to leave in the 1st place? I think i read tht somewhere. And as if he'd say "of course you can leave" !

Ws
                You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

if your husband is beating you up, you have every right to defend yourself and cause him enough harm to make him unable to harm you

if you can that is

it would be horrendous to be in a marriage where that is necessary

but after you kick him in the groin with all your might and poke his eyes out.. get the hell out of there and save yourself!

~ahem~
                  [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                  [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                  [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                  Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

if your husband is enough of an animal to beat you up, why the HELL would you need his permission to leave him?

if I was a wife getting beaten up and someone told me to ask the guys permission to leave I would probably go insane with anger!
                    [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                    [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                    [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Peace
                      I don't like threats - it makes me want to do exactly what you don't want me to do!

So let me state very clearly that I believe issues such as Hitting ones wife, Slavery, stoning and Death sentence for someone who excersise his freedom to choose whatever religion he believes were not meant to be applied at all times in all places - and that they were specific to the conditions and circumstances of the time.

I don't believe in changing Qur'an - but I do believe our scholars should do what Umar did, which is trying to understand the underlying wisdom of the Qur'an in dealing with events in ways that were appropriate at the time and using Ijtihad to keep to the true 'spirit' of the Qur'an.

If you think I am doing wrong by saying this then ban me!
                      fine with me
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by mariam
                        I didn't realize that calling for Ijtihad was a bannable offense here at Ummah.com.

Could one of the admins please point out where in the rules that is stated?
                        i would love for sheikah mariam to explain to us, what exactly is ijtihad
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water
                          if your husband is enough of an animal to beat you up, why the HELL would you need his permission to leave him?

if I was a wife getting beaten up and someone told me to ask the guys permission to leave I would probably go insane with anger!
                          Beats me, I doubt any wife would think to ask for permission. Getting out asap would be the 1st thing in mind.

But i am sure i read somewhere, probably one of those fatwa websites tht she needs/might need the husbands permission to leave...let me look it up and get bck to u on tht Sis CW.

Ws

Ps..ok, came across these:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=13803&dgn=4

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...e&QR=482&dgn=4

and according to this..nope she doesnt need his permission if he's beating her to a pulp..(as if the boxing bag for a wife would ask fr permission anyway)
                          http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=21269&dgn=4
                          Last edited by Ebony; 20-10-04, 10:57 PM.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                            i would love for sheikah mariam to explain to us, what exactly is ijtihad
                            And I would dearly love you to point out where in the rules calling for Ijtihad is a bannable offense at Ummah.com.

I guess I won't hold my breath.
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

OOOO..go Sis Mariam
                              Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mariam
                                And I would dearly love you to point out where in the rules calling for Ijtihad is a bannable offense at Ummah.com.

I guess I won't hold my breath.
                                ok, i will go first

its against the rules of islam and this board to blaspheme islam

to say that the quran needs changing is to deny that its perfect and will not be changed until the last day, thus in turn saying Allah is a liar when Allah says in this book is guidance WITHOUT DOUBT

ok, sheikha, now its your turn
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                                X