This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bismillah ar rahman ir rahim,

in reply to brother hassan approach in doing taweel and to those muslims here who think he has an issue regarding hadrat umar and apparently only applying part of the quraan-auzoobilah, let us clarify-
    1/5th of the ghaneemah is what is fardh upon this ummah to pay to the Imaam in order to use it upon the Muslim Ummah. Apparently brother peace of the post thinks that ghaneemah is the only booty taken by war.

There is:

1) Ghaneemah
    2) Jizya & Khiraaj
    3) Fa'i (property of the kuffar that they give to the Muslims for peace and security, and this is what supported ahlul bayt, it is also what is left behind from the kuffar when they do not have any one to inherit from them).

So 1/5th of the ghaneemah is given to Imaam of the Muslimeen.

We now challenge brother peace to give us an authentic athar to support the fact that 'Umar took more than 1/5th of the ghaneemah from the soldiers.

Then we shall continue further discussion...<!--emo&--><!--endemo-->

p.s this information was taken from a brother on another discusison board with regards to peace issue about hadrat umar taking war booty and not applying all the quraan.

also note that stoning the adulterer is a command of allah swt and for ANY MUSLIM HERE TO RESTRICT THE AYAH TO A SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCE NEEDS TO GIVE DALEEL, AS ALL QURANIC AYAHS ARE A'AM UNTIL SPECIFIC EVIDENCE COMES TO RESTRCIT ITS MEANING.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

'that's the way to do it'

Punch
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Wife beaters are suckers.

Comment

Asalamu Alaykum!
          Personally changing what was clearly written in the Qur’an is wrong, those who say they need to be changed, do you not have faith? That thy lord is omniscient? If a man chooses to beat his wife then it is merely because he has a problem not because his Muslim…honestly what is wrong with people? So far Islam is the only religion (monotheism) that has not changed nor added stuff to its holy book now are we going to become amongst the kufars who change it to suit their own society? Islam has nothing to do with abusive men…they just use the religion as escape coat.

w/s
          Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

Wife beaters need to get their arms broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Paw
              Wife beaters need to get their arms broken.
              Lol….surely such cruelty would only make the one who broke the women beater arm just as bad….indeed women beaters are malicious. May they be guided….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

w/s
              Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

They deserve a dose of their own medicine.

Beating on ones wife or a vunerable is not on.

Punching down your woman when she is pregnant with a child, is downlow.

If I ever caught a man in the act of commiting something so vulgar, I wouldn't hesitate to hand him a beatdown.

Comment

They deserve a dose of their own medicine.

Beating on ones wife or a vunerable is not on.

Punching down your woman when she is pregnant with a child, is downlow.

If I ever caught a man in the act of commiting something so vulgar, I wouldn't hesitate to hand him a beatdown.
                  Then surely you’re truly amongst the good Muslim men. The beating of a partner is sick and cruel…May they be guided…ameen.

w/s<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
                  Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

If you wanna beat someone, beat your nafs.

Comment

That would be hazardous, then surely this would only send them to jail for being a hazard to themselves, he he. Well one should not have the power to degrade others especially their own wives anyways…subhanallah!
                      Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

My old man was a wife beater, only a sucker would beat on his wife.

You should treat your woman right, especially if the woman is a good woman, as good women ain't easy to come by.

So a man who beats on a good woman, needs to take a reality check, as he ain't realising what he has.

Comment

My old man was a wife beater, only a sucker would beat on his wife.
                          Aww…my humble apologises my brother. Verily Allah (swt) shall punish those who are cruel to the humble and weak.

w/s<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
                          Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

Do you think clowns are creepy?

Comment

Originally posted by Peace
                              The Qur'an tells the Muslim fighters that they must give one fifth of the spoils they gain in battle to the prophet to distribute amongst the poor and needy:

And you should know that a fifth of the spoils you get hold of are for Allah and the Prophet and the near relatives and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. (Anfal verse 41)

This is exactly what the prophet did in the early battles of the Muslims - he allowed the Mujahidin to have their share of the spoils after taking one fifth for the poor and needy.

After the prophet died and during the reign of the second Caliph Umar - he felt that the Muslims in general needed to benefit from the spoils of war and so decided all should go to the BaytulMal and witheld the share of the Mujahideen.

How could Umar forbid and make unlawful what has been made permissible in the Quran and by the Prophet?????????????????????

The answer is he did not - he used his Ijtihad - knowing full well that some of the commands in the Qur'an were for specific circumstances and that when these changed - then we must use Ijtihad!

Simple!
                              I dunno if that counts as an example that would be equal to what you are suggesting be done about hitting ones wife in the case where it is permissible in the Quran.

I do not know the ins and outs of this example by any means.. but going on what you've said.. it doens't seem to me that Hazrat Umar(ra) made unlawful anything that had been made lawful in the Quran.

The verse from the Quran you quoted said, give a 1/5 of what you get hold of to those mentioned.. it does not say keep all the rest or specify that all of the rest must be for the mujahideen only.

So didn't Umar just meet the condition given in the Quran (that a firth be given) and then give more (all the rest) besides as well?

How did he make the lawful unlawful or vice versa.

Your example does not from my understanding of you post, really prove your point or back up your argument about allowing a man to hit is wife in the circumstances specified in the Quran.

As I said, I do not know the ins and outs of it so maybe you can further expand and show how this example is rellevant, or explain how Hazrat Umar(ra) went against the Quran in any way.

Anyone else able to shed some light?
                              [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                              [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                              [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                              Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                              [/CENTER]

Comment

Yes!! Honestly aren’t they supposed to be funny (but always fail miserably). They are scary and creepy, their annoying laughter alone gives me shivers *shivers*
                                Why did you ask?
                                Fulaana’ Bint Fulaan

Comment

Working...
                                X