Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling hungry ...

assalam alaykum

Since after ramadhan, I feel hungry more than usual esp when I wake up in the morning I am absolutely starving. This is highly unusual for me as I am never hungry except if I skip lunch or something. This morning I had two slices of weetabix and two slices of toast. Its only been two hours and I am starving again.. not sure whats going on. :(

think I should see the doctor?
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Trolol, eat more protein such as nuts, beans or meat, and also fats (like olive oil). You can put olive oil instead of butter on your toast, and eat a handful (small handful) of a variety of nuts. If this doesnt help, try carbs and fats. And dont bother the doctor. Youre probably feeling hungrier because you have more energy after ramadan and you use more energy, ending up with needing more energy, or something like that. Also you might lack some nutrients and hunger is just a sign of your body lacking something. Good luck!
    6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Re: Feeling hungry ...

I am the opposite.I dont feel hungry at all.I still eating only one meal in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
        assalam alaykum

Since after ramadhan, I feel hungry more than usual esp when I wake up in the morning I am absolutely starving. This is highly unusual for me as I am never hungry except if I skip lunch or something. This morning I had two slices of weetabix and two slices of toast. Its only been two hours and I am starving again.. not sure whats going on. :(

think I should see the doctor?
        lol thats weird. i usually get the hunger pangs around 10 am. well it makes lunch time more appealing :)
        Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

the doctors going to recommend the dietician , the dieticians going to tell u to eat more.

Comment

Go to your doctor. Don't listen to 'advice' on here wholeheartedly.

No offence guys, but none of you are qualified.
            Sister Jigsaw!

Comment

Me too.

Except I've not actually felt...hunger...for a very very long time. Even before Ramadan. That's bad for me, because I don't know when I'm full. Because I dont know when I'm hungary. So I have to visually portion my food out, to avoid the simple mistake of overeating.

I'm very visual I guess. Ever since I educated myself on normal portions (which for humans is actually very small ) I've lost a lot of weight, get less cravings for food, enjoy meals more and can feel the innards of my stomach, now that the fatty layer on my stomach has gone.

Also exercise is a lot more enjoyable to do when your slim rather than fat.

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
              I am the opposite.I dont feel hungry at all.I still eating only one meal in the evening.
              Sister Jigsaw!

Comment

Jzk

just had a sandwich and now I feel bloated :s
                "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                  Jzk

just had a sandwich and now I feel bloated :s
                  You should chew your food properly..... :p
                  You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

it's a good thing msA. probs used all the nice food for a month
                    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Hunger is good for you. It disciplines your body.
                      Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

You might want to do some medical checkup especially if this hunger is coming with feeling thirsty frequently or frequent urination (these three being early signs of diabetes ) but inshaAllah it wont be anything serious.
                        Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
                          You might want to do some medical checkup especially if this hunger is coming with feeling thirsty frequently or frequent urination (these three being early signs of diabetes ) but inshaAllah it wont be anything serious.
                          I agree. But what I said previously is incase you just feel hungry without any thoughts of having a sickness. Just for the "pure" hunger. If it is due to diabetes your breath might smell like alcohol even if you didn't drink, and you will feel quite dizzy after eating since sugar levels rise and the sugar doesn't "go" anywhere.
                          6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Last edited by Kalikatu; 31-08-12, 02:52 PM. Reason: text was doubled again!

Comment

He had his annual check up done recently and there are were no health issues.
                              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X