Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a place like this in your community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a place like this in your community?

An all-in-one Islamic Recreation Centre with the following facilities:
    • Swimming Pool
    • Soccer Field
    • Basketball Court
    • Workout Gym & Fitness Classes
    • Food Court
    • Spa

I hope to see a place like this built for my community inshallah:

Islamic policies would be in full effect and full time security staff, lifeguards, personal trainers, masseuses, etc.
    There would be a nominal monthly/yearly membership fee.

The indoor swimming pool would have different usage times for males and females, and they'd each have their own lifeguards. There could be a adult men only time, adult female only time, all ages male, all ages female, or family time (woman + kids, no males over the age of puberty). The pool could have a sunroof that opens in the summer time.

Two seperate workout gyms for the genders that also offer Fitness classes.

A spa for the ladies.

Indoor Basketball court and soccer field.

PS. Muslim members only if possible.
    Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Re: Is there a place like this in your community?

Yes.

I live in the UAE.
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

No, but it would have to work like a privileged club, not a public service, if you want to maintain the policies, I guess.
      To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
      Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
      Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
      - AbuM

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
        Yes.

I live in the UAE.
        Lucky you. Mayhaps I need to migrate to UAE inshallah.

Originally posted by pickaname View Post
        No, but it would have to work like a privileged club, not a public service, if you want to maintain the policies, I guess.
        Can you elaborate more on this ?
        Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

Originally posted by ibnFalaax View Post
          Can you elaborate more on this ?
          What I meant is that if it was a public building, maintaining Islamic policies may be a little difficult. For example, men might want to wear just their swimming trunks/boxers to the pool or gym. If it was public, it should serve the public without discrimination. I very much think that a lawsuit demanding access to pools/gyms for boxer wearing men would win in court if the centre decides not to allow these men. (Would not talk about the females, but problems would be similar regardless of gender.)

If it was sort of a club, you would be allowed to screen the candidates and reject those the centre is not satisfied with. But it all depends on the country, law and people.
          To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
          Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
          Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
          - AbuM

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X