urgent problem - student loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent problem - student loan

I am in a really difficult financial situation and I am nearly halfway through my degree so cannot drop out. My degree is vocational one and is specific to a career.

My studies are very important as my family are struggling financially and it is tough times for them. They are also supporting my brother and sister. Also, it would be difficult to get a loan from a family member. Also, I feel that my family members are the type that would demand the money when it suits them.

I know that interest is wrong in Islam, and I feel that Muslims should do more for one another to get out of this mess of loans.

If I was to get a student loan, I would only take it for education purposes. I would never get one for a house or a car, as I do not see that as a necessity, as you can always rent a house and save up for a car. But, education is a priority in this country and is more important than ever especially with the jobs situation.

I feel that scholars, imams, should come together and set up a fund or something for interest free loans. Not enough is done. I feel Muslims are currently failing the younger generation.

Is there anyone here that can offer me some advice or maybe even offer me a loan?
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: urgent problem - student loan

ask your relatives, surely they can help borrow you some money. or what about those islamic banks?
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
      I am in a really difficult financial situation and I am nearly halfway through my degree so cannot drop out. My degree is vocational one and is specific to a career.

My studies are very important as my family are struggling financially and it is tough times for them. They are also supporting my brother and sister. Also, it would be difficult to get a loan from a family member. Also, I feel that my family members are the type that would demand the money when it suits them.

I know that interest is wrong in Islam, and I feel that Muslims should do more for one another to get out of this mess of loans.

If I was to get a student loan, I would only take it for education purposes. I would never get one for a house or a car, as I do not see that as a necessity, as you can always rent a house and save up for a car. But, education is a priority in this country and is more important than ever especially with the jobs situation.

I feel that scholars, imams, should come together and set up a fund or something for interest free loans. Not enough is done. I feel Muslims are currently failing the younger generation.

Is there anyone here that can offer me some advice or maybe even offer me a loan?
      Well, if there is no other option, go for the relatives. There is the chance that they may ask for it earlier, but :insha: another opportunity will arise if they do.
      Make du'a and ask from Allah.

It is not the scholars and individual imams, but it is the states and state organisations that have failed to provide alternatives.

May Allah help you in your studies.
      To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
      Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
      Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
      - AbuM

Comment

How much is it that you need? Normally, there are student loans with 0% rates, maybe not 10 000 but 1 000 , it would be a start...
        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X