Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been asked to buy a camera, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been asked to buy a camera, what should I do?

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

My dad's asked me to get him a digital camera. I'm sure he will use it to take pics of people.. he might even get the pics printed. Should I say no in this instance, or say yes on the condition that pics of people are not printed out? I don't want to make him upset as I own a camera myself (for item pics that I use on ebay) so he may think I'm being stingy or something and using Islam as an excuse. Any daleel I could use to strengthen my case?
    I was like Laughing Out Out Out Out Out Out Out Loud.

Re: Been asked to buy a camera, what should I do?

What he does with the camera after it's given to him is his business; if you want to please him by giving him the camera then the best you can do is remind him of the varying positions on picture-taking of people or animals (with regard to printing them, etc.) and let him make his own choice. One can sin by taking haraam photographs, but one can sin also by smacking someone with a copy of the Qur'an- it's not the camera itself, it's what he does with it, and that's out of your hands. I do think, though, that since you use one yourself for the ebay photographs it would appear hypocritical if you didn't give it him based on what he *might* do with it.

Comment

Re: Been asked to buy a camera, what should I do?

Thanks for replying. I see what you're saying that if I buy it then it's not on my head how it's used, and I really don't want to upset my dad, but I'm 99% sure why he's requested the camera, I'll confirm later today inshAllah to get rid of any doubt. If my feeling's right and he confirms he would like to use it to take pics of people and print them, then by supplying it wouldn't I be an enabler? In that instance should I say no?
      I was like Laughing Out Out Out Out Out Out Out Loud.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X