Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why chose to wear black abayas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why chose to wear black abayas?

    WOMEN IN BLACK
    Should the state dictate what you wear?




    Dutch MPs to decide on burqa
    I've been looking at proposals to ban the Islamic veil. It's already a reality in some towns in Belgium. The mayor of Maaseik tells me that he decided on the ban because, when women appeared in the town covered from head to foot in black, with not even their eyes visible, it frightened old people and children burst into tears.

    Rather flippantly, I told him my little son cried when he saw Father Christmas but I hoped they weren't going to ban St Nick. He told me, quite seriously, that his council has made an exception for Santa Claus: he can cover his face so only his eyes are visible. I'm not sure Black Peter is allowed such leeway.

    Despite this, there are reports of 200 Moroccan Muslims moving from the Netherlands to Belgium last year because the atmosphere is better here.


    See Europe diary 1/12/05 for more on Black Peter

    POLITICAL STATEMENT
    In the Netherlands, there are plans to impose a niqab and burqa ban all over the country. We meet a very thoughtful Muslim lawyer, who argues it is not necessary in Islam to cover up but defends the right of women to do so. As we leave her office in The Hague, she makes a throwaway remark.

    "When I came here I was called the little Turkish girl, now I'm seen as a Muslim woman." Devout herself, she feels the West's hostility towards Islam is pushing some to become more religious, and predicts that if a ban is imposed some women will wear the niqab or burqa as a political statement.
    Please Re-update your Signature

  • #2
    Re: Women in black..should the state dictate what you wear?

    a country can make what ever laws it wishes...personally i dont like the burkha at all....or the niqab....dont have any objection to the hijab though
    i find it demeaning that woem should have to cover them selves because men cannot contain them selves..well thats the excuse
    Please Re-update your Signature

    Comment


    • #3
      whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

      Salaams,
      Hope your all in good health and the strongest of emaan.
      I know why muslims wear hijab but why the Jilbab?
      Whats the main reason of girls wearing it as you can cover wearing long clothing etc.

      Im asking cause Inshallah im thinking of wearing it, but then today i was thinking whats the point in wearing it when i dont no the whole reason why so now im thinking twice i will appreciate it if any sister can reply

      Jazak'Allah
      Please Re-update your Signature

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

        Maybe so sisters can get away with wearin' un-ironed clothes.
        Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

          Insha'allah, hope you find your answers, MF, and come to the correct decision.

          May Allah make it easy for you.
          Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

            Originally posted by Mr_Jailer View Post
            Maybe so sisters can get away with wearin' un-ironed clothes.
            Are you serious:p yah maybe that could be A reason.

            Insha'allah, hope you find your answers, MF, and come to the correct decision.

            May Allah make it easy for you
            Jazak'Allah Brother,
            Insh'Allah yeah, i hope i find the RIGHT answers too :p
            Please Re-update your Signature

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

              Salam MuslimForever:)

              I wear mine because I like it, I don't wear it all the time, but ALhamdulilah when I do wear it I feel very Modest.

              Insha'Allah soon when I start wearing my Niqaab (I'm thinking about it) I'm going to wear abayas more.:)

              Abayas are great, u can also wear clothes under neath it:inlove:
              "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                Walaykum Salaam sis BEE BEE
                Thanks bee bee so basicaly theres no Islamic reason for wearing one?, lol yeah and you can even wear un ironed clothes :p
                Do you wear different colors?
                Hmm InshAllah i hope you do start wearing niqaab if your in intention is to please Allah.Beebee do you live in the UK if yeah then i can give you some sites i found where you can buy jilbabs
                Take care
                Salaams
                Please Re-update your Signature

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                  Originally posted by muslimforever View Post
                  Salaams,
                  Hope your all in good health and the strongest of emaan.
                  I know why muslims wear hijab but why the Jilbab?
                  Whats the main reason of girls wearing it as you can cover wearing long clothing etc.

                  Im asking cause Inshallah im thinking of wearing it, but then today i was thinking whats the point in wearing it when i dont no the whole reason why so now im thinking twice i will appreciate it if any sister can reply

                  Jazak'Allah
                  wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi sis ,well we have been ordered to cover our selves and dress modestly in the Quran by Allah the most high and there are hadiths which state that the believing women in the time of the sahabba were dressed like this because they resembled black crows ( meaning that they were completely covered and u could not see their shape at all ) , what i have noticed is that the jilbab falls from the shoulder down so it covers the whole shape of the figure ( of course it shouldnt be tight fitting or that defeats the purpose of wearing it) if you wear anything else then its either nipped in at the waist like a long skirt and even with a long top over, it reveals the shape of your hips and your figure, same with shalwar khameeze or any sort of trousers, it shows your shape,even with a loose top over it, but in a loose fitting jilbab no one can tell if your fat or thin or whetever and it hides everything including your feet :up: masha Allah but when wearing a jilbab the khimar should be very large and cover the chest area well because this is so important and many wear jilbabs and then dont cover their chest with khimar, and Allah ta ala has ordered us not to display ourselves, and theres no point in putting on a jilbab then wearing a scarf that doesnt cover the chest, that defeats the purpose of modestly dressing.

                  (plus extra bonus u can layer up in the cold weather and no one can tell your wearing 3 jumpers and a couple of pairs of thermals, trousers and a long skirt underneath, and the opposite in summer u can stay cool masha Allah in the heat because its loose fitting u have built in air con when u walk its perfect ) wa jazakiAllahu khairin amin
                  Last edited by *asiya*; 14-11-06, 02:33 AM.
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

                  The Prophet :saw: said:

                  "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

                  muslim

                  Narrated 'Abdullah:

                  The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


                  "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

                  By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

                  [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                    Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi sis ,well we have been ordered to cover our selves and dress modestly in the Quran by Allah the most high and there are hadiths which state that the believing women in the time of the sahabba were dressed like this because they resembled black crows ( meaning that they were completely covered and u could not see their shape at all ) , what i have noticed is that the jilbab falls from the shoulder down so it covers the whole shape of the figure ( of course it shouldnt be tight fitting or that defeats the purpose of wearing it) if you wear anything else then its either nipped in at the waist like a long skirt and even with a long top over, it reveals the shape of your hips and your figure, same with shalwar khameeze or any sort of trousers, it shows your shape,even with a loose top over it, but in a loose fitting jilbab no one can tell if your fat or thin or whetever and it hides everything including your feet :up: masha Allah but when wearing a jilbab the khimar should be very large and cover the chest area well because this is so important and many wear jilbabs and then dont cover their chest with khimar, and Allah ta ala has ordered us not to display ourselves.

                    (plus extra bonus u can layer up in the cold weather and no one can tell your wearing 3 jumpers and a couple of pairs of thermals, trousers and a long skirt underneath, and the opposite in summer u can stay cool masha Allah in the heat because its loose fitting u have built in air con when u walk its perfect ) wa jazakiAllahu khairin amin

                    :) MashaAllah ukthi thats beautifuly said sis:love: Jezekelah khayr
                    "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                      Originally posted by muslimforever View Post
                      Do you wear different colors?
                      Hmm InshAllah i hope you do start wearing niqaab if your in intention is to please Allah.Beebee do you live in the UK if yeah then i can give you some sites i found where you can buy jilbabs
                      Take care
                      Salaams
                      Salam sis

                      I don't wear bright colours, abayas are suppose to attract attention away from you, mine have some ebroidery etc but I always wear black or dark blue in abayas.

                      InshaAllah my intention is ofcourse to please Allah first and foremost. Jezekelah khayr. I don't live in the UK sis, im in the States.

                      show me the site that has the jibabs tho, would love to have a look

                      do u want to see some nice shops online that sell abayas?...but I think u can probably find something in the UK insha'Allah.
                      "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                        because you can hide all your kids underneath it and sneak into the zoo, movies, amusement park..:D





                        (just kiddin...and no i ve never done that)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                          Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                          wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi sis ,well we have been ordered to cover our selves and dress modestly in the Quran by Allah the most high and there are hadiths which state that the believing women in the time of the sahabba were dressed like this because they resembled black crows ( meaning that they were completely covered and u could not see their shape at all ) , what i have noticed is that the jilbab falls from the shoulder down so it covers the whole shape of the figure ( of course it shouldnt be tight fitting or that defeats the purpose of wearing it) if you wear anything else then its either nipped in at the waist like a long skirt and even with a long top over, it reveals the shape of your hips and your figure, same with shalwar khameeze or any sort of trousers, it shows your shape,even with a loose top over it, but in a loose fitting jilbab no one can tell if your fat or thin or whetever and it hides everything including your feet :up: masha Allah but when wearing a jilbab the khimar should be very large and cover the chest area well because this is so important and many wear jilbabs and then dont cover their chest with khimar, and Allah ta ala has ordered us not to display ourselves, and theres no point in putting on a jilbab then wearing a scarf that doesnt cover the chest, that defeats the purpose of modestly dressing.

                          (plus extra bonus u can layer up in the cold weather and no one can tell your wearing 3 jumpers and a couple of pairs of thermals, trousers and a long skirt underneath, and the opposite in summer u can stay cool masha Allah in the heat because its loose fitting u have built in air con when u walk its perfect ) wa jazakiAllahu khairin amin
                          mashallha sis good response (jazak alhha khair)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: whats the main reason for wearing a Abaya(jilbab)?

                            Originally posted by BeeBee View Post
                            Salam sis

                            I don't wear bright colours, abayas are suppose to attract attention away from you, mine have some ebroidery etc but I always wear black or dark blue in abayas.

                            InshaAllah my intention is ofcourse to please Allah first and foremost. Jezekelah khayr. I don't live in the UK sis, im in the States.

                            show me the site that has the jibabs tho, would love to have a look

                            do u want to see some nice shops online that sell abayas?...but I think u can probably find something in the UK insha'Allah.
                            o

                            Lol no dnt take it wrongly i wont wear such bright colours like bright pink/red but colors like Brown is that ok and here are the linkshttp://simplyislam.com/clitems.asp?so=t
                            http://www.saifclothing.com/catalogu...s/coloured.htm
                            http://www.thehijabshop.com/jilbabs/
                            Check out the hijabs aswell you might like them.
                            Did you say you have any links where i can buy Abayas online?
                            Ok take care
                            Salaams
                            Please Re-update your Signature

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                              (plus extra bonus u can layer up in the cold weather and no one can tell your wearing 3 jumpers and a couple of pairs of thermals, trousers and a long skirt underneath, and the opposite in summer u can stay cool masha Allah in the heat because its loose fitting u have built in air con when u walk its perfect ) wa jazakiAllahu khairin amin
                              Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X