Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of fasting

I pray that Allah forgives us all. AMEEN

I thought I should mention the importance of fasting. It is so important that Allah will reward us greatly for this. When Allah has looked at all of our worldy affairs, and if they are not sufficient, then Allah will see if we fasted, and because of that we can enter paradise. So fast when you can, brothers and sisters.

The importance can be seen below:-

This hadeeth points to the virtue of fasting in numerous ways

Allah singled out fasting for Himself from all other good deeds, because of its honoured status before Him, because He loves it and because it is a demonstration of sincerity towards Him, as it is a secret between a person and his Lord, which no one can see except Allah. The fasting person may be in a place with no other people around, and he could eat or drink that which Allah has forbidden to the fasting person, but he does not do that, because he knows that he has a Lord Who can see him even though he is alone and Who has forbidden that to him. So he forsakes it for the sake of Allah and fearing His punishment, seeking His reward. Because of that, Allah appreciates his sincerity and singled out fasting for Himself from among all other good deeds. Hence He said: “He gives up his desires and his food for My sake.”

The benefit of this singling out will be seen on the Day of Resurrection, as Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyaynah said: When the Day of Resurrection comes, Allah will bring His slave to account and will settle any scores outstanding from the rest of his deeds, until when there is nothing left but fasting, Allah will settle the matter and will admit him to Paradise by virtue of his fasting.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

The importance of fasting

I pray that Allah forgives us all. AMEEN

I thought I should mention the importance of fasting. It is so important that Allah will reward us greatly for this. When Allah has looked at all of our worldy affairs, and if they are not sufficient, then Allah will see if we fasted, and because of that we can enter paradise. So fast when you can, brothers and sisters.

The importance can be seen below:-

This hadeeth points to the virtue of fasting in numerous ways

Allah singled out fasting for Himself from all other good deeds, because of its honoured status before Him, because He loves it and because it is a demonstration of sincerity towards Him, as it is a secret between a person and his Lord, which no one can see except Allah. The fasting person may be in a place with no other people around, and he could eat or drink that which Allah has forbidden to the fasting person, but he does not do that, because he knows that he has a Lord Who can see him even though he is alone and Who has forbidden that to him. So he forsakes it for the sake of Allah and fearing His punishment, seeking His reward. Because of that, Allah appreciates his sincerity and singled out fasting for Himself from among all other good deeds. Hence He said: “He gives up his desires and his food for My sake.”

The benefit of this singling out will be seen on the Day of Resurrection, as Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyaynah said: When the Day of Resurrection comes, Allah will bring His slave to account and will settle any scores outstanding from the rest of his deeds, until when there is nothing left but fasting, Allah will settle the matter and will admit him to Paradise by virtue of his fasting.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
    X