Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I require honest advises from people of Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I require honest advises from people of Canada...

I received an admission offer from a prestigious university in Canada(mashallah). The thing is that,it is damn expensive.Although my father can afford it but then again he needs to work over time,probably sell few of his assets.He is already nearing his retirement.

Should I study here(home country) or move to Canada....

Responses from people living in Canada or people who had experienced Canadian education will be highly appreciated.

Re: I require honest advises from people of Canada...

Originally posted by Remember12345 View Post
    I received an admission offer from a prestigious university in Canada(mashallah). The thing is that,it is damn expensive.Although my father can afford it but then again he needs to work over time,probably sell few of his assets.He is already nearing his retirement.

Responses from people living in Canada or people who had experienced Canadian education will be highly appreciated.
    :salams ,

I've only done college in Canada, was a 3 year course. For international students it can be very expensive.
    Financing an education in Canada depends on what city/province you are in. Cause prices of food and rent etc. may vary and also some provinces may charge less tax than others.
    How is the university you got accepted to in Canada compared to the ones in you home country relating to you field of study, cause that in my opinion should also be taken into account
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

It's not worth moving to canada. And certainly not worth your father working so much and selling things he owns. The education in Canada is somewhat useless to be honest...
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
      There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Wa Alaykum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

In my opinion it depends what uni you're trying to go to and where you want to live, Canada's huge, education and all around experience varies from province to province.

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Walaikum assalam, if Allah wills u might get better offer more closer to home.

& from the sounds of things, ur dad has worked al his adult life & supported u?

In my opinion if U can afford it, do isthikhara & take it but doncause ur dad unnecessary labour.

"...Before the time of judgement, the slave will give birth to his master"

Dnt be that master.
          "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Tuition is expensive and i'm a Canadian citizen, I pay close to 6000 a year. Looking online international students pay close to twice the amount. The cheapest tuition of all the provinces is Quebec which I think is bout $2000-3000 and they were trying to raise that the last I checked. If you are able get a quality education where you are without uprooting your entire life and that of your father then that is what you should do.

Comment

do NOT come here as an international student, you will break your father break him trying to pay the tution. Its hard enough for canadians, but international takes it to whole another level.
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Which university? Waterloo?

There aren't many universities here which are worth international fees

Comment

:start:

Brother if you did not attain a scholarship from the university or can't afford to pay for the tuition
                  www.ashaabulquran.com
                  www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

Which uni did you get into? University of Toronto, McGill, Concordia, Waterloo or some other?
                    www.ashaabulquran.com
                    www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Insomnia View Post
                      Which university? Waterloo?

There aren't many universities here which are worth international fees
                      Originally posted by Sulaiman Harun View Post

Which uni did you get into? University of Toronto, McGill, Concordia, Waterloo or some other?
                      University of Toronto ....

Keep the comments rolling .....

Comment

University of Toronto ....

Keep the comments rolling .....
                        What program though?. Cause there may be schools where you are that are better in the program you want than at U of T or Canada as a whole
                        Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

bump

Comment

What degree?

And what is your home country?

Canada is overpriced. The UK is also extremely overpriced.

Comment

Ontario tuition is really expensive and moreso for international students, depending on the program can be close to $20,000 for one year for full time studies!!

I don't recommend your father selling assets to get into U of T. It's not exactly Canada's Harvard. Quebec universities are a lot cheaper - by far. If you're set on coming to Canada then try McGill or Concordia both are good schools depending on the program and tuition is cheapest in the country.

what country are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
                              Last edited by GuCcI; 22-08-12, 04:39 PM.
                              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X