Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, how does it feel wearing the niqaab in public everyday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters, how does it feel wearing the niqaab in public everyday?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

As salamu alaikum

To the niqaabi sisters, how do you feel wearing the niqab everyday and gloves. I have worn it a few times, but only when necessary. Does it restrict you in any way and does it get easier eventually?

Re: Sisters, how does it feel wearing the niqaab in public everyday?

Asalaamu Alaikum,

A bit off-topic, but just recently, Egypt opened the first Niqaabi-only channel -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18932212

If you understand arabic you could try watching it as I'm sure they discuss everyday issues Niqaabi's may face.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

its an absolute killer during hot days ur face n hands sweats n sticky err

Comment

it does feel uncomfortable the first few times you wear it but after about a week you just get used to it. it doesn't restrict you in anyway at all - people are the ones that restrict you by telling you you can't do this or that and make you feel like an outcast.

as curious george above me said - when it is hot things get really hard. you just want to rip it off and breathe lol but inshallah all the sisters will be rewarded for their sabr
        "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
        (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
        He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

It feels good to me,,its hot but so is everywhere else on me like today I was out and its about 42c I was sweat'n but it feel smuch more comfortable to me wearing the niqab then wthout it. Im probably used to it though.

Comment

I've worn it a few times and yes it does feel hot if you're outside in the open (it's around 40celcius where I currently am) and I found breathing was a bit difficult.

Comment

I knew the heat would take a while to get used to. But I'd be more concerened about the dangers of walking alone and getting abused or attacked and with the niqab its hard to get a full view of where you want to look because your view is restricted e.g. if im looking to see whats on the floor I cant see ahead of me properly. Maybe its just me! I'd like to wear it but I dont want to yo-yo wth it.

JazakumAllahu khayran for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick2DaSunnah View Post
                I knew the heat would take a while to get used to. But I'd be more concerened about the dangers of walking alone and getting abused or attacked and with the niqab its hard to get a full view of where you want to look because your view is restricted e.g. if im looking to see whats on the floor I cant see ahead of me properly. Maybe its just me! I'd like to wear it but I dont want to yo-yo wth it.

I never go out alone its to dangerous and I always go out with either my brothers, husband or sister. Its good to never go out alone anyway as someone can hurt you or hurl abuses at you.

When im walking somewhere with my bro I look up, then down again quickly, I dont look straight down with my eyes I look straight ahead but downwards, this way I see whats coming at me or what im going towards. Its easy. Youll get used to it inshallah.

Comment

getting abused or attacked will depend on where you live.
                  over here it's ok. there are niqabis everywhere. there are some areas which need to be avoided but other than that it's not too bad. i think niqabis everywhere in the west get the stares and dirty looks though.
                  "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                  (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                  He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

I didn't know view was restricted.

I wonder how niqabis drive safely?

Comment

I used to wear it. never really felt my view was restricted a lot but yes you do get abused by people and stared at.
                      It depends how commited you are to it, when you really have sincerity and u are firm that u want to wear it for the sake of Allah thats when it becomes easy but if your iman is a bit low you get worn down by things easily then its hard. that's how i felt anyway... but if u really have the firm feeling that u wana do it then go for it and may allah make it easy for u
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
                        I didn't know view was restricted.

I wonder how niqabis drive safely?
                        It's not restricted. Niqaabi drivers can drive as safely as non-niqaabis, lol.

I find it slightly difficult to wear gloves on very hot days. But if you wear the khimaar, it goes below your waistline, your hands are covered underneath anyway.
                        Shukr to Allah in abundance...

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                          I used to wear it. never really felt my view was restricted a lot but yes you do get abused by people and stared at.
                          It depends how commited you are to it, when you really have sincerity and u are firm that u want to wear it for the sake of Allah thats when it becomes easy but if your iman is a bit low you get worn down by things easily then its hard. that's how i felt anyway... but if u really have the firm feeling that u wana do it then go for it and may allah make it easy for u
                          Ameen. Thats makes alot of sense, Allah makes it easy when you are doing it for His sake, nothing will bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhurrah View Post
                            It's not restricted. Niqaabi drivers can drive as safely as non-niqaabis, lol.

I find it slightly difficult to wear gloves on very hot days. But if you wear the khimaar, it goes below your waistline, your hands are covered underneath anyway.
                            Its probably because you are used to it.

Comment

Its probably because you are used to it.
                              I've actually never heard anyone say that it's hard to drive with the niqaab on...? Are you assuming it's hard, or do you really feel it is difficult from experience?

But of course, when you start something for the first time it always seems a little difficult because the whole concept is so new. Over time it gets easier, and easier.
                              Shukr to Allah in abundance...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X