Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zakat on diamonds & pearls

Salam

How do you calculate payment for zakat on diamonds and pearls and similar stones??

Urgent!

Oh and I'm confused because some say those for personal use there's no zakat but others say otherwise?

:jkk:
    Last edited by GuCcI; 10-08-12, 09:03 PM.
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Last edited by Medievalist; 11-08-12, 12:03 AM.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Re: zakat on diamonds & pearls

Found treasure, as in?

Is there any zakah on clothes (not trading though)?

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
        Found treasure, as in?

i dont think there is zakaat on clothes if its not for trade purposes.
        The fragrance stays in the hand that gives the rose.

Comment

Bro med but how is that she sounds rich? Is she a house wife? Is it because all that is her husbands' wealth so the zakat total is on him?

Also I read the opinion that there is zakat on precious stones because they have value?
          Based on this my payment for zakat would be well increased so I don't want to make a mistake in not paying if I should be, and definitely don't want to give less.

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post

Also I read the opinion that there is zakat on precious stones because they have value?
            Based on this my payment for zakat would be well increased so I don't want to make a mistake in not paying if I should be, and definitely don't want to give less.
            You don't pay Zakat on Diamonds, Precious stones unless acquired for trading purpose.
            "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
            western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
              Found treasure, as in?

No zakat on personal cloths,car , house etc.,
              "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                Bro med but how is that she sounds rich? Is she a house wife? Is it because all that is her husbands' wealth so the zakat total is on him?
                She doesn't pay Zakat because she doesn't hold any Zakatable asset - except Gold & Silver , you don't pay on personal belongings like diamonds, precious stones, cars etc.,

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

I think the scholars need to look at current lifestyles and update guidance on zakat. E.g. It cannot be right the a man with ten rental properties doesn't pay zakat on the value of them but a man saving up for his first house so he doesn't have to get haram mortgage pays more.

Similarly with platinum etc.

Comment

Gucci: imran bhai has answered correctly. I purposely gave that example, she is well-off but there is no zakat on the items mentioned - ie diamonds, ferraris, home etc.
                    Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Ok :jkk: brothers

Flashnazia, I think the man with income coming from the rental properties would still be held accountable for zakat

Comment

Originally posted by flashnazia View Post
                        I think the scholars need to look at current lifestyles and update guidance on zakat. E.g. It cannot be right the a man with ten rental properties doesn't pay zakat on the value of them but a man saving up for his first house so he doesn't have to get haram mortgage pays more.
                        not scholars. You need to get the correct understanding. If you mean that a man who has given out 10 properties on rent doesn't pays zakat then you are wrong. He will be obliged to pay zakat on the amount of rent that he will accumulate on zakat date
                        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

This should prove to you all that diamonds are worth nothing :p and nothing to get excited about cos we don't even have to pay zakaat on them! This is something the people of the dunya have hyped up, oohhh diamonds.
                          Gold is the best investment!!
                          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Now if I want to sell my gold jewelry and with that money I buy some diamonds etc to ignore zakah, will that be a blame worthy thing to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                              This should prove to you all that diamonds are worth nothing :p and nothing to get excited about cos we don't even have to pay zakaat on them! This is something the people of the dunya have hyped up, oohhh diamonds.
                              Gold is the best investment!!
                              Why? doesn't diamonds' value increases/decreases with time?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X