Question about backbitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about backbitting

I know it's haraam to backbite but what about if somebody backbites and I ask them about it, is that haraam?thank you.

Re: Question about backbitting

:salams

One should always refrain or try to change the topic.

When you ask about it you are asking to go deeper into it, obviously this person won't give an unbiased opinion,

and it really doesn't matter whether it is Biased or not if the other person dislikes it (that you are talking about) than you are still sinful.

Allah knows best.
    "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Salamu Alaykum,

I would recommend you avoid it for precaution. Here are some hadiths that deal with backbiting (the second one is Shia).

Prophet Muhammad (s) said: "Do you know what backbiting is?" They said, "God and His Messenger know best." He then said, "It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike." Someone asked him, "But what if what I say is true?" The Messenger of God said, "If what you say about him is true, you are backbiting him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him." (Muslim)

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (s) said: "Whoever backbites a fellow Muslim man or woman, God neither accepts his prayer nor his fasting for forty days and nights, until and unless the victim of his backbitting forgives him." (Behar al-Anwar, Volume 75, page 258, number 53)

I apologize for not having the full reference for the first one. If someone else could provide it, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by `Mikael View Post
        Salamu Alaykum,

I would recommend you avoid it for precaution. Here are some hadiths that deal with backbiting (the second one is Shia).

Prophet Muhammad (s) said: "Do you know what backbiting is?" They said, "God and His Messenger know best." He then said, "It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike." Someone asked him, "But what if what I say is true?" The Messenger of God said, "If what you say about him is true, you are backbiting him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him." (Muslim)

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (s) said: "Whoever backbites a fellow Muslim man or woman, God neither accepts his prayer nor his fasting for forty days and nights, until and unless the victim of his backbitting forgives him." (Behar al-Anwar, Volume 75, page 258, number 53)

I apologize for not having the full reference for the first one. If someone else could provide it, that would be great.
        I was wondering why I never heard of the second one until i went back and read your first line, here's the reference for the first inshallah, Muslim Chapter# 18, Book 32, Number 6265:
        Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Is there a hadeeth that talks about 'asking the person what happened' even if gheebah was involved in 2 persons' but nothing to do with me?

Comment

:salams

If you ask them, then in a way, you're asking them to reveal their sin.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X