Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: laser eye syrgery

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
    want to get it done (enshalla) read some side effects that after the procudere the eye may swell which may cause blindness?
    or may remove an eye?
    should i still think about doing it or forget about it ?!?!?!
    I've been considering eye laser for a while as well, though some opticians don't recommend it. They say it might not be so evident now but in the future the side effects will become gradually more obvious. Hmm.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

I had laser eye surgery not long ago at age 21 and it was the BEST decision I made! My bro did it at 19 and after seeing his results I decided to go ahead.

It is expensive, but deffo worth it. Contact lenses are such a headache, I used to have the all day all night ones (where you don't take them out at all for a month) but I think they ruined my eyesight allahu aalum
      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Assalamualaikum :)

I am also considering to undergo laser surgery. I've been researching a bit about it because I'm also quite scared. But from what I gathered, the success rate is very high. The usual complications are just dry or irritated eyes and they usually don't last that long. But you have to wear dark glasses for awhile after that. I had also read in a few websites that it could cause blindness and whatnot but so far, I've never read any statements from anyone who actually became blind due to the surgery. And when you think about it, everything has its risks. And for this surgery, the risk seems minimal. We just have to trust Allah to protect us :)

I have two friends who went through the surgery and both of them were satisfied. So I'm definitely making an appointment soon.

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
          I strongly recommend against getting this surgery.

The have to cut your eye off to do it, and the problem this causes is that if enough force is applied on your eye at some later time, it will pop right off. For instance, if you got in a car crash, it would come off.

Also, your eyes can be healed, depending on why they are weak, based on eye exercises. A brother I know went from a -4.5 to a -2.5 in his eye(s).
          that is false, the eye heals in four years the first 3 months strong exercises are not reccomended such as contact sports and also poking/touching the eyes,
          I personally for one have been in 2 accidents sicne and my eyes have not popped out. Also a note if it was soo dangerous the practice would have been banned and even tighter regulated.

Comment

Originally posted by siddika View Post
            Assalamualaikum. What exercises?
            Wa Aalaikum Assalam

A brother gave me a bunch of links should I PM them?

Originally posted by SanSan View Post
            What?? No brother that's not true... They dont even touch your eye, it's only a 10 minutes procedure that's all :/ I know coz I got it done! And Alhamdulillah my eye hasn't popped out yet, it's been long and I've hurt myself in the eye rather badly a couple of times.
            Are you sure you got laser correction surgery? Because they have to reach behind inside the back of the eye to correct your vision. Of course, depends on what you need corrected, not all surgeries require going to the back of the eye. Maybe you got one of those?

Originally posted by aekbal View Post
            that is false, the eye heals in four years the first 3 months strong exercises are not reccomended such as contact sports and also poking/touching the eyes,
            I personally for one have been in 2 accidents sicne and my eyes have not popped out. Also a note if it was soo dangerous the practice would have been banned and even tighter regulated.
            The eye heals completely are you sure about this? My understanding was the incisions don't heal all the way.

Do you have some reads on this perhaps?
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
              Wa Aalaikum Assalam

The eye heals completely are you sure about this? My understanding was the incisions don't heal all the way.

Do you have some reads on this perhaps?

I had mine doen, but before you have your assessment they walk you through the process and inform how long the healing takes, there si also a nice video clip as well :)
              but make sure its the tratment where they shine a red laser and not cut the eye lid !!! 2 verrrry different procedures..

Comment

It is a relatively safe procedure, but some people get a condition afterward where the eye is perminantly dry and uncomfortable

Comment

I was really seriously considering having it done but backed out cos like other people have said there are risks. Obviously same as with any surgical procedure but I guess it depends on how much you really want it done. I know people who have had it, alhamdullilah no problems and they're really happy. but I do think it's a hard sell business and they downplay the risks. even if there's only 2% of whatever, I can't do it- not with my eyes!
                  contact lenses are annoying but I use good quality daily ones and don't wear too much, just sometimes. and I don't mind the look of glasses.

Comment

Wouldn't consider it, too many risks.
                    But don't contact lenses have risks too? Eye infections??

Comment

why cant u jz wear specs?

Comment

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
                        Wouldn't consider it, too many risks.
                        But don't contact lenses have risks too? Eye infections??
                        :salams

I've been wearing it for a few years now, alhamdulillah no eye infections so far.

Just make sure your fingers are clean when wearing/taking them off, wash the contacts case properly, check the solution, don't wear them longer than the recommended period, don't sleep with contacts on, etc. and inshaAllah you're good to go.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X