laser eye syrgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser eye syrgery

want to get it done (enshalla) read some side effects that after the procudere the eye may swell which may cause blindness?
    or may remove an eye?
    should i still think about doing it or forget about it ?!?!?!

Re: laser eye syrgery

SURGERY
    type.sorry,

Comment

:salams

Laser eye surgery?

Lol I'm such a coward. Anyways I haven't heard about the side effects, but if you want to do it, consult with your doctor first. Some people have vision problems, but are not suitable candidates for the surgery. Have you checked with your doctor?

Comment

you can go for free consultation with them and discuss it. i think there are 2 types lasik and lasek, lasik is supposed to be better but more expensive
        my brother had it done and alhamdulillah it went well for him
        i want mine done in future insha allah, just got to go have the full consultation and see if it will be worth it, and its very expensive
        these type of side effects which u mentioned shouldnt really be happening as they should check 2 see if ur eye is suitable and only go ahead if it is?? but of course still some risk is there.. u could do eyes one at a time just in case?
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Me! Me! :D

I got it done over an year ago. Ahhh... Everything looks so much sharper now Alhamdulillah. Crispy clear vision, vivid colors, SubhanAllah!

I got it done from Rawalpindi in Pakistan, from a very reputable doctor. So did my sister and my aunt. We're all fine now :)
          It does take about 4-7 days to completely recover, & you have to avoid direct sunlight. If you take VERY good care of your eyes during this recovery period, InshaAllah you wont have any problems. I did not. So I sometimes get a very 'dry' eye when I wake up in the morning :( My aunt & sister never had/have any problems MashaAllah.

Hope that helped... let me know in case you wanna know more!! Take care.
          "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."
          Noble Quran 8:2
          :love:

Comment

They first conduct a preliminary test to see if your eyes are suitable to undergo such a surgery. I was... my mother wasn't so they just told her so. He was an honest doctor & said it's better not to get it done if you're 45+, but most doctors probably dont tell that. May Allah reward him.

Also, he cleared all our misconceptions regarding blindness & removing an eye or infections etc. They give you follow up eye drops that you have to use VERY regularly. Failure to do so may result in complications, God forbid.
            "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."

Comment

Originally posted by SanSan View Post
              Me! Me! :D

I got it done over an year ago. Ahhh... Everything looks so much sharper now Alhamdulillah. Crispy clear vision, vivid colors, SubhanAllah!

I got it done from Rawalpindi in Pakistan, from a very reputable doctor. So did my sister and my aunt. We're all fine now :)
              It does take about 4-7 days to completely recover, & you have to avoid direct sunlight. If you take VERY good care of your eyes during this recovery period, InshaAllah you wont have any problems. I did not. So I sometimes get a very 'dry' eye when I wake up in the morning :( My aunt & sister never had/have any problems MashaAllah.

Hope that helped... let me know in case you wanna know more!! Take care.
              SanSan, it has crossed my mind to do it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the treatment in Rawalpindi cost? Because the UK prices are sky high. And also, I have that paranoia about getting surgery done in Pakistan! However, I know many doctors are better than the ones here too.

And these eye drops, how often do you need to use them, and is it a lifelong thing you need to do?

Comment

Originally posted by WayOfLife View Post
                SanSan, it has crossed my mind to do it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the treatment in Rawalpindi cost? Because the UK prices are sky high. And also, I have that paranoia about getting surgery done in Pakistan! However, I know many doctors are better than the ones here too.

And these eye drops, how often do you need to use them, and is it a lifelong thing you need to do?
                I can understand your paranoia... I got it done on December 31st 2010, from Amanat Eye Hospital in Rawapindi. It cost me roughly Rs 33,000, but I dont remember very well :( It was somewhere around that figure, but not more than that (including price of medicines & eye drops).

Initially, 3 types of eye drops were prescribed, each of which had to be used about 4 times every day. Then after the first week, you had to use only one called FML. You had to use it 4 times a day for the first month, then 3 times a day for the second month, then 2 times a day for the third month and so on. So all in all, any kind of medication lasted only for four months.

That's all :) Anything else you wanna know, don't hesitate to ask!!

Comment

No lifelong thing needs to be done.
                  But before I support this any further, let me be very honest & straightforward. Laser eye surgery DOES make your eyes very sensitive. Or so I've noticed (because I did not take very good care of my eyes... not enough rest, too much strain etc). Plus I'm overall a weak health kinda person. So I've noticed that it I accidentally hurt myself in the eye, it hurts a bit more than the way it used to.

But that doesnt happen with my sister or aunt... I guess it depends from person to person :( But this place where I got it done is really good & authentic. You can talk to the doctor about it first all you want.

Or better yet, do an Istikhara before getting it done :)

Comment

Last edited by siddika; 01-03-14, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanSan View Post
                      I can understand your paranoia... I got it done on December 31st 2010, from Amanat Eye Hospital in Rawapindi. It cost me roughly Rs 33,000, but I dont remember very well :( It was somewhere around that figure, but not more than that (including price of medicines & eye drops).

Initially, 3 types of eye drops were prescribed, each of which had to be used about 4 times every day. Then after the first week, you had to use only one called FML. You had to use it 4 times a day for the first month, then 3 times a day for the second month, then 2 times a day for the third month and so on. So all in all, any kind of medication lasted only for four months.

That's all :) Anything else you wanna know, don't hesitate to ask!!
                      jz wondering , does this only take place in rawalpindi or can i get it done in lahore also?

Comment

Originally posted by siddika View Post
                        Assalamualaikum, I really want to have laser eye surgery done in the future InshAllah! But the my opticians said my prescription has to be stable for at least two years :/ I thought with laser eye surgery you will never have to wear or do anything with your eyes again, but I found out that your prescription can change even after having it done. *sigh* it still beats having to insert contact lenses all the time.
                        :salams

I want to have it done too, but I'm just scared I haven't consulted my optician yet so I don't know if I would be a suitable candidate for lasik or not. I'm tired of having to wear contact lenses, and my hijab doesn't sit nicely when I wear my glasses haha :/

By the way SanSan, does the procedure hurt at all? That thing they use to keep the eyes open terrifies me like mad lol.
                        Last edited by geeksupremo; 30-07-12, 08:15 AM.

Comment

whats wrong with wearing spectacles?

Comment

I am too wuss to do it, even though I have been contemplating it for a few years now
                            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Laser surgery is outdated.

Consider getting an intraocular lens (IOL). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraocular_lens

It's an implant that goes on top of your existing natural lens inside your eye. Sort of like an internal contact lens.

It is installed through the same surgery used for cataract patients. If there is any problem the implant can be removed and you get ur natural eyesight back.

Much much safer than laser surgery.

I wear glasses. But for me personally. I would not get any surgery done on my eyes. I'd much rather wear specs and not take the risk. I don't want to risk my eyesight.
                              Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X