Is a beard very important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a beard very important

Salam Alaykum this is my first thread on here.

I wanted to talk about a very important subject, I am 21 years old from London, UK. I am not a good muslim but Inshallah I want to become a better one.

I have this issue at home because I ask my father for advice and I should start to listen to him more because I sometimes disobey him.

I asked him about whether it is mandatory for muslims to have beards and his response is no because Allah looks and the people's belief he mentioned there are many good muslims who dont have beards. I know I can't disobey my father but he always tells me that beards are not mandatory.

And I read many Hadiths that say Beards are very important. I am from both a christian/muslim my Egyptian Uncle also doesn't have a beard and he practices Islam.

Re: Is a beard very important

:wswrwb:

Yes, it's important, and you should do your best to keep a beard.

It's a direct command form the Prophet :saw: so that's enough to show that you need to keep a beard.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Don't follow the example of others, follow the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (saw).

Grow a beard.

Comment

As-Salamu Alaykum,

Can you trim your beard after a certain length or should you let it grow wild?

Comment

For Hanafi, you can trim if more than 1 fist.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

In Islam,there is beard but in beard,there may not be Islam.While keeping a beard,do not let it grow wild:it requires maintenance.

Comment

A lot of people don't understand that there is a Sunnah that MUST be done and a Sunnah that is recommended.

The beard is something that is a must because as earlier said it is a direct command from the Prophet :saw:

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
              - Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

The Siwak is a good example of Recommended Sunnah

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 2.12 Narrated by Abu Huraira

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "If I had not found it hard for my followers, I would have commanded(ordered) them to clean their teeth with the ‘siwak’ for every prayer."
              "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

good job.happy everyday please.

__________________________________________________ _______________
                I live my life in colour and see in soundMake sure you are heard!
                Nike free ? Fake Oakleys ? Sac Longchamp

Comment

He's not wrong in the fact that just because a person has a beard doesn't automatically make a good muslim and one should not just focus on the outer appearance but the inner one too. So while you should also grow your beard you should also focus on other importants as well. First making your 5 salat on time, obedience to your parents(when it doesn't involve disobeying the commands of Allah Azzawajal and our beloved Prophet Sallahu Alayhi Wassalam) , your character and many other obligatory acts. Take it one step at a time so it doesn't overhelm you altogether starting with your prayer and educating yourself and Insha'allah everything should fall into place.

Comment

Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 781 :
                    Narrated by Ibn 'Umar
                    Allah's Apostle said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X