Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with panic/freaking out/stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with panic/freaking out/stress?

Re: How do you deal with panic/freaking out/stress?

When we use to do our exams one of the teachers said when you open the paper always remeber the first rule and that is dont panic.

what I do is deep breathing and calm my self down, then I asses the situation, see what I can do to sort it out and tackle the so called problem or make some sort of plan how to tackle it.

Comment

:salams

Maybe, think about how small the problem actually is in reality. I mean, just imagine there are people with far worse problems than us, like not having food to feed their family, not having clean water to drink, having their house raided because they are Muslims, getting killed for being a Muslim, etc. These are "real" problems, and here we start to panic if we can't find an office file or our internet is not working.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Dhikr of Allah swt.

The malady of worry is alleviated by the power of Dhikr.
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :salams

Maybe, think about how small the problem actually is in reality. I mean, just imagine there are people with far worse problems than us, like not having food to feed their family, not having clean water to drink, having their house raided because they are Muslims, getting killed for being a Muslim, etc. These are "real" problems, and here we start to panic if we can't find an office file or our internet is not working.
          :wswrwb:

When you are in that zone you know, you seldom remember about sufferings of others. It's usually 'WHY things are not working out for ME?!'

Ingrates, are we..

How do you deal with panic/freaking out/stress?
          I talk to Allah and pray for sakeenah and log online and try to make sense out of nonsensical stuff.
          حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Comment

I know the issues we (I) face are minor compared to the huge world and its crazy population that lives here. But as the previous post said, at that moment we don’t think about it. For me, my first instinct is to avoid/ignores the whole thing and deal with it the next day. After a good night sleep I do realize how small every task is and it doesn’t matter if I fail. But I hate this 1 day delay syndrome I have.

Although age wise I have lived on earth for a while, I still feel like I am constantly making mistakes and learning. Often times I am sick of not getting things right or not know how to deal with things. But in hindsight it is all minor issues. I wouldn't say I panic as much, I get frustrated because I keep doing things wrong.

Comment

I try to sleep it off but usually end up feeling the same way right when I wake up...so I make dua. :)
              Nothing is impossible with Allah:o

Comment

I used to have really bad/ anxiety attacks-most of the time I'd faint from it because for some reason it would always give me stomach pain and then the pain would make me faint but alhamdulillah for the last two years I have not fainted. Mine started from when my dad passed away and just got worse throughout the years. I just learnt how to calm myself down by mostly dhikr and just trying to distract myself and think of something else other than the panic that I was feeling. and alhamdulillah thats worked for me. When it happens at home I just recite and that helps too.
                [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=3][COLOR="#000080"]And whoever is conscious of Allah, He will make for him a way out,[/COLOR] [COLOR="#0000FF"]And will provide for him from where he does not expect. [/COLOR][COLOR="#40E0D0"]And whoever relies upon Allah then He is sufficient for him.[/COLOR][COLOR="#40E0D0"] Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose.[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00FFFF"]Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent. (Quran 65:2-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

Focus on what can be done & make dua to help with things seemingly impossible or difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by 1n5p1r3 View Post
                    I used to have really bad/ anxiety attacks-most of the time I'd faint from it because for some reason it would always give me stomach pain and then the pain would make me faint but alhamdulillah for the last two years I have not fainted. Mine started from when my dad passed away and just got worse throughout the years. I just learnt how to calm myself down by mostly dhikr and just trying to distract myself and think of something else other than the panic that I was feeling. and alhamdulillah thats worked for me. When it happens at home I just recite and that helps too.
                    Masha-Allah, may Allah keep you strengthen and provided for. Ameen

My dad's not well lately, I don't want to dwell upon it. Alhamdulilah, your attitude serves as an inspiration. JazaakAllahu khayr.

Comment

Thikr as suggested is good, reading Qur'aan in search of an answer is really good. When I'm in a pickle certain verses really seem to be speaking to me, reminding me of the reality of the world and why this is all happening.

Truth is, one day we're going to be six feet under as they say, and at that time none of this will matter. What's important is that we hold on to the religion and seek aid within Allah. Another thing that alleviates this is knowing that nothing happens except out of Allah's wisdom, and all things are for the good of the mu'min. Allah answers prayers, and He is to the servant what the servant thinks of Him, so think good in Allah and you will see much good.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X