Male groups talk meaningless garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Male groups talk meaningless garbage

The problem is that people think a silience is awkward so they say anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with a silence. Wayoflife you are a very rare brother and I would much rather chill with you then these ''sociable guys'' It's better to be a loner than to hang around with those kind of guys. Sometimes bro sisters have it worse, they talk about skinny jeans and hair etc. When these sisters don't wear that and they cover their hair so I think the sisters have it worse off than us in this department unfortunately.
    Hear these words that I am typing, GOT YOU!!!. You can't hear ''my'' words, there typed up. Yeah...you're smart;)
    ''if you are going into the unknown, expect the possibility of the worst and the best. That way you will be quite confident Insha Allah, but you will also be able to see the bad and thus it will not be as shocking if bad comes to pass''

Comment

Originally posted by WayOfLife View Post
      Females tend to talk about more meaningful and deeper topics and let their feelings be known. .
      Oh lol...er yes meaningful and deeper topics :/
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
        that awkward moment when the both of u dont know what to say anymore and keep looking at each other waiting for the other to say something.
        I dont think as a woman ive ever had this problem...
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
          I dont think as a woman ive ever had this problem...
          well obviously ur too busy talking bout handbags.

Comment

If a person's increased level of taqwa is causing them to look down on other people for doing halal things, that person has to question if their taqwa actually went up. Also, a wife would be much happier with a husband that makes her laugh then a fire and brimstone man. Human beings have a range of emotions and life brings with it a range of responses. There is a time to be serious and a time for laughter. And during our times when there is so much haraam out there, it's good to see groups of brothers enjoying halal entertainment.

Comment

Rasulullah :saw: used to tease and joke with his companions and the companions did so amongst themselves. But not mean spirited joking as is common these days. However, humor is a critical part of social interactions and always has been. We just have to be moderate. I had a great group of brothers back in Michigan. Only 3 or 4 of us, but what a great group. Seems like the past is always better than the present.

Comment

Instead of looking down and getting frustrated at these people who need to engage upon on such meaningless conversations we should simply use them as a reminder that we should work harder to do the opposite and how blessed we are that our mindset is focused less on this dunya and more towards the akhira. Of course social interactions is very important we should be careful of how we use our tongue as it is the organ which sins the most.

Comment

Originally posted by `Mohammed View Post
                  Instead of looking down and getting frustrated at these people who need to engage upon on such meaningless conversations we should simply use them as a reminder that we should work harder to do the opposite and how blessed we are that our mindset is focused less on this dunya and more towards the akhira. Of course social interactions is very important we should be careful of how we use our tongue as it is the organ which sins the most.
                  I don't actually look down on any of these people. I have simple developed a level of uncomfortability around it, which I think is for the better. My taqwa has increased so much Alhamdhulilah that I'm conscious about something I say. It's now as far as if after a football game with the guys, we do our post-match analysis when driving home, when someone says "he played crap today," I immediately think if this is backbiting. I dont respond, or I just change the direction of the conversation.

And no, not all guys are like this. Many of them in the west are, but some of the brothers in the Masjid are amazing. You can see the nur on their face, their contentment. We even talk about careers but just their approach to it is so relaxed. Their priorities are to live a simple life and be a content Muslim. I love being around these people.

Most brothers I know are into buying and selling shares, talk about the next big story at work, what their manager or this woman at work did, or talk about their wages, and long hours they work, what's the next modification theyve done on their car etc.
                  Last edited by WayOfLife; 19-07-12, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Oh lol...er yes meaningful and deeper topics :/
                    lol ok maybe not so meaningful. Maybe a bit more serious!

Comment

lol ok maybe not so meaningful. Maybe a bit more serious!
                      Really? me and my friends can be really immature
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Really? me and my friends can be really immature
                        Well, I guess you know better than I do, as I dont spend my time in female groups. I thought they tend to talk about some important things like their granddad is ill and you need to get some medication for him. so then her friend might chase her up later to find out how her granddad is doing....or something like that!

guys dont do this type of talk, from my experiences

Comment

Well, I guess you know better than I do, as I dont spend my time in female groups. I thought they tend to talk about some important things like their granddad is ill and you need to get some medication for him. so then her friend might chase her up later to find out how her granddad is doing....or something like that!

guys dont do this type of talk, from my experiences
                          lol Idont think ive had a convo with any friend about their grandparents
                          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Females tend to talk about more meaningful and deeper topics
                            I would hate to burst your bubble... so, I won't

any female volunteer for this task ?

edit: OK, I see that Fairy has started, But she should be more bold. Mention the whole lot of superficial and futile subjects covered in a typical female conversation...

IMHO, no one can give any lessons
                            Last edited by monti; 20-07-12, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monti View Post
                              I would hate to burst your bubble... so, I won't

any female volunteer for this task ?

edit: OK, I see that Fairy has started, But she should be more bold. Mention the whole lot of superficial and futile subjects covered in a typical female conversation...

IMHO, no one can give any lessons
                              Ok, looks like I dont know much about what they talk about. That's probably a good thing by the sounds of it.

Anyway, this is about guys! not girls :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X