No announcement yet.

Student loans for Muslims? In the US...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student loans for Muslims? In the US...

Are there any options for Muslim students? I just graduated (I took out the student loans before I converted) and now I am starting to pay back my student loans but it is ridiculous. The interest is so high and I just feel horrible. I had wanted to save up for a house, maybe a nice little farm with horses and chickens. Guess I can't do that for the next 10-25 years until its paid off!

Are there any options for us Muslim students here in the US? Any help or resources for us?

Thanks!!

Re: Student loans for Muslims? In the US...

So you already are in debt in loans and you want to take our even more loans? Does this even sound right?

Pay off the loan that you have taken and live by your means. Don't fall into this cycle that many non muslims have fallen into.

Comment

Salaam,

Sister there aren't really options, unless you are able to find a wealthy Muslim couple and ask them to help you lol....there isn't anything you can do but pay back your debts. That's pretty much why I do not want to go to college or University. It requires too much money and the job market here isn't bright. I plan to either go to trade school, or one day become a firefighter or a CHP officer (when and if they start hiring again is the question). Right now just be the best Muslim you can and ask Allah swt to help you and try pay off your debt so that you can inshallah live a prosperous life.

Comment

It's called reconsolidatating. I thought I could a Muslim company could be the new servicer of the loan.

Comment

Lol ok thank you :)

Comment

try contacting your loan company and see if they can cut u some slack
            "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

asalaamu alaykum

Sister NewOrleansGirl, maybe you can try to find a way out - i.e. if you can't pay your loans back because you can't find a good payed job - they dismiss your loan after around 30 years. I'm not sure of the details, but we might need to ask someone who has got a student loan in the UK if this is true. Also they waive your loan in the UK after you die (meaning your children don't have to pay the loan back).

You could then maybe get married to a good Muslim guy, not get a job, and you might not have to pay the loan back all your life?

Check the details about your loan with the companies but don't explicitly say what's been mentioned above.

We know loans with riba (interest/usury) are forbidden because they enslave the poor to make the rich richer.

May Allah support you sister. I wish we could help, but most Muslims in the UK are poor. Maybe you can ask rich Muslims in the USA (theres alot of Muslims in Houston, texas).

And whoever is consciouss of Allah, He will make a way out for him, and will provide him (or her) from ways he couldn't imagine...
              (Quran 65: 2-3)
              visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by NewOrleansGirl View Post
                Are there any options for Muslim students? I just graduated (I took out the student loans before I converted) and now I am starting to pay back my student loans but it is ridiculous. The interest is so high and I just feel horrible. I had wanted to save up for a house, maybe a nice little farm with horses and chickens. Guess I can't do that for the next 10-25 years until its paid off!

Are there any options for us Muslim students here in the US? Any help or resources for us?

Thanks!!
                How much is your loan amount. Based on that I may be able to offer some help.

Comment

Originally posted by ylangha View Post
                  How much is your loan amount. Based on that I may be able to offer some help.
                  Strong first post....lol
                  "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X