• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MashaAllah seeing more brothers wearing Islamic clothing-robe

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    i was going to ask that question!!!
    subhanallah sis, reading my mind
    Wise minds lol

Sis, I popped into my local supermarket..there was about 500 Muslim brothers wearing a thobe.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

It's ok to wear in evenings and weekend or when going to the mosque. But difficult to wear if you have a mainstream job working in an office etc

Comment

I've noticed sisters coming back to the hijab Annd abayas also.. Maybe because Ramadan is around the corner but I'm not doubting their intentions. Allah guides whom he wills.

Alhamdulillah
        Last edited by Bint Muaawiya; 23-06-13, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
          It's ok to wear in evenings and weekend or when going to the mosque. But difficult to wear if you have a mainstream job working in an office etc
          nah not where I work..

religious clothing is allowed

I have seen many brothers that wear a thobe at work.
          "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
            Wise minds lol

Sis, I popped into my local supermarket..there was about 500 Muslim brothers wearing a thobe.
            The fish, how big is your local supermarket
            :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
              What the heck is Islamic clothing? I would never wear a thobe or salwa kames in this country, ever. If I go to the middle east or south asia then I will
              Why?

Comment

Now this is sexist

Comment

:wswrwb:

The thowb for men is not the same as the Jilbaab/abayah is for women. ie it is not a sin if he does not wear one.

You could say it is better and more modest to wear one but it's not a must or anything. Sometimes brothers give it so much importance that they think it's 'wrong' if someone 'knwoledgable' walks out of the house in jogging bottoms etc. Allahu a'lam

Comment

All men whining about how difficult it would be to wear a thobe or salwar kameez in western countries should use that excuse for your sisters when they are afraid to wear hijab because they don't want to lose their job. Just because it's fard doesn't make it any easier on them than it would be on you. Now grow a beard, grow your hair longer, wear all white, loose clothing and quit being such a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                      All men whining about how difficult it would be to wear a thobe or salwar kameez in western countries should use that excuse for your sisters when they are afraid to wear hijab because they don't want to lose their job. Just because it's fard doesn't make it any easier on them than it would be on you. Now grow a beard, grow your hair longer, wear all white, loose clothing and quit being such a coward.
                      Nail. Hit. On. Head.

:up:

Wait, grow your hair long?!..am I missing something, never heard of that one before :scratch:
                      Last edited by rainbow*~; 23-06-13, 01:00 AM.

Comment

ouch ^

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
                        Surah An-Nisa 69-78
                        "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          I could not have said it any better..

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                            Wise minds lol

500!!!
                            Sis, where do you live???
                            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Where does it say the thobe is Islamic? I think it's cultural. I've seen Eritrean Christians wearing thobes, and Coptic Egyptian Christians wearing it. I dare say others have seen non-Muslims wearing it. I think non-Arabs wearing it are just wannabe Arabs. Also, I think it's a cop out for when you don't have anything else to wear or nothing ironed "oh, I'll just stick on a vest & jogging bottoms and slip my classiest looking thobe on top.
                              "Voila..!! I look like the bee's knees now Bruv"

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                                Where does it say the thobe is Islamic?...
                                It conforms to the Islamic guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X