Clear All

• Re: Sunnah Clothing

Click image for larger version

Name:	BrothersAwra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	10742123

Allah gave the women a mercy, He COMMANDED their dress

whereas the brothers, they were not commanded exactly what to wear, but they were given a beautiful pattern of conduct if they believe in Allah and the Last Day

that is the sunnah (ie, identify yourself as a muslim)
    Last edited by AbuMubarak; 23-10-13, 08:00 PM.
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• Re: MashaAllah seeing more brothers wearing Islamic clothing-robe

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
      All men whining about how difficult it would be to wear a thobe or salwar kameez in western countries should use that excuse for your sisters when they are afraid to wear hijab because they don't want to lose their job. Just because it's fard doesn't make it any easier on them than it would be on you. Now grow a beard, grow your hair longer, wear all white, loose clothing and quit being such a coward.
      well said and straight to the point
      لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

That Nabi who taught us how to shower / take ghusl

That Nabi who taught us how to enter and how to exit from the masjid

That Nabi who taught us how to sleep and how to make up in bed with our wife

That Nabi who taught us to be different from the Jews and eat sahri for fasting, because they do not make sahri

That Nabi who taught us to be different from the disbelievers by growing beard and trimming mustaches, because the disbelievers said to him :saw: that their Lord (king) said to shave the beard and grow mustaches

Not just that.... That Nabi who taught us even a simple thing as to how to enter into the toilet and not just that but how to relieve yourself and how to clean yourself as well.

If a muslim thinks that the same Nabi left us to our desires in the matters of dressing and did not teach us about the dressing and be different in our dressing style, then I feel pity on such a shallow understanding of such people who think that its all cultural and there is no reward for trying to imitate the lifestyle of the prophet :saw in his dressing

Atleast try to be bold, honest and truthful by acknowledging the fact about sunnah in dressing rather than making lame excuses like its all cultural and there is no clear proof of sunnah clothing or whatever... it only exposes what a weakling of a man you are
        Last edited by truepath; 23-10-13, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
          That Nabi who taught us how to shower / take ghusl

That Nabi who taught us how to enter and how to exit from the masjid

That Nabi who taught us how to sleep and how to make up in bed with our wife

That Nabi who taught us to be different from the Jews and eat sahri for fasting, because they do not make sahri

That Nabi who taught us to be different from the disbelievers by growing beard and trimming mustaches, because the disbelievers said to him :saw: that their Lord (king) said to shave the beard and grow mustaches

Not just that.... That Nabi who taught us even a simple thing as to how to enter into the toilet and not just that but how to relieve yourself and how to clean yourself as well.

If a muslim thinks that the same Nabi left us to our desires in the matters of dressing and did not teach us about the dressing and be different in our dressing style, then I feel pity on such a shallow understanding of such people who think that its all cultural and there is no reward for trying to imitate the lifestyle of the prophet :saw in his dressing

Atleast try to be bold, honest and truthful by acknowledging the fact about sunnah in dressing rather than making lame excuses like its all cultural and there is no clear proof of sunnah clothing or whatever... it only exposes what a weakling of a man you are
          :up:
          "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

i was out of town yesterday, visiting a friend in the hospital

as i was driving around looking for a parking space, i saw a brother WITH A KUFI ON HIS HEAD and asked him about jumua salat

he directed me towards two local masjids

now, if he didnt have a kufi, but was walking around looking like johnny smith, i would never have asked him, nor would we have gotten the blessings of meeting, the salam, or telling me where to pray

we both agreed how important it is to look like a muslim, (though i did see quite a few sisters in hijab, but i wasnt going to approach them)

but its this thing lately of "knowledge" whereby muslim men feel it is ok to walk around incognito

thinking because they look arab or pakistani, that is sufficient
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Abu M, unless there is an apparent sunnah such as beard or the sunnah dressing you wouldn't be able to tell whether a guy from india or pakistan is a muslim or hindu... however, if you speak to him then by his style of talk you might be able to tell whether the guy is a muslim or not even though by appears the distinction might not be visible

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                Abu M, unless there is an apparent sunnah such as beard or the sunnah dressing you wouldn't be able to tell whether a guy from india or pakistan is a muslim or hindu... however, if you speak to him then by his style of talk you might be able to tell whether the guy is a muslim or not even though by appears the distinction might not be visible
                Or they might answer the salam with "wa alaikum Salam" regardless of being Muslim or not. I have been giving Salam by plenty of Rastafarians, I was even giving Salam by an Orphodox Jew just yesterday. It's not as easy and I have mixed feelings about which side to play it safe on i.e "he is learly a rasta' or a Jew I'll say "wa alaikum" vs "I'm not sure he looks arab, i'll return the salam or it might be offensive.".
                By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
                www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                  Or they might answer the salam with "wa alaikum Salam" regardless of being Muslim or not. I have been giving Salam by plenty of Rastafarians, I was even giving Salam by an Orphodox Jew just yesterday. It's not as easy and I have mixed feelings about which side to play it safe on i.e "he is learly a rasta' or a Jew I'll say "wa alaikum" vs "I'm not sure he looks arab, i'll return the salam or it might be offensive.".
                  Once I was going for an entrance exam... and this guy was looking at me... so I thought may be he has seen me somewhere or know me, so I just said salam to him...and the guy turns out to be a hindu idiot and kept on giggling as if I cracked a joke on his head.

So, I have taken the approach that I wont be giving salam to a random joe, unless I know he is muslim or his appearance is of that of a muslim

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                    i was out of town yesterday, visiting a friend in the hospital

as i was driving around looking for a parking space, i saw a brother WITH A KUFI ON HIS HEAD and asked him about jumua salat

he directed me towards two local masjids

now, if he didnt have a kufi, but was walking around looking like johnny smith, i would never have asked him, nor would we have gotten the blessings of meeting, the salam, or telling me where to pray

we both agreed how important it is to look like a muslim, (though i did see quite a few sisters in hijab, but i wasnt going to approach them)

but its this thing lately of "knowledge" whereby muslim men feel it is ok to walk around incognito

thinking because they look arab or pakistani, that is sufficient
                    i pretty much wear a kufi all the time. i get the orthodox jew thing a lot and i have gotten the "stop trying to act black" thing a couple times. however, there was one incident in the gym where a brother pulled me aside because he saw me in the kufi. said he was new to the area and wanted to find a place to pray. fast forward a couple weeks and i come to a local musala to pray and the brother's wife and step children are taking shahadah there. now, i didnt have much to do with that but inshaAllah i hope i get a piece of that reward for facilitating things, so to speak.

wearing thobe and qamis and whatnot is more or less a "game time decision". if im in a place where i think i wont get taken seriously i.e. "white boy gone native" then i dont. but if im in a place where its common practice for muslims to dress in this manner e.g. philly, various places in uk, then i will. lounging around the house then its usually just sweatpants and an old short sleeved thobe.

and various madhhabs have stressed various aspects of sunnah garb e.g. hanafis and the headcovering, malikis and the prayer shawl.

one sunnah that i see getting really ignored is the imamah
                    "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                      i pretty much wear a kufi all the time. i get the orthodox jew thing a lot and i have gotten the "stop trying to act black" thing a couple times. however, there was one incident in the gym where a brother pulled me aside because he saw me in the kufi. said he was new to the area and wanted to find a place to pray. fast forward a couple weeks and i come to a local musala to pray and the brother's wife and step children are taking shahadah there. now, i didnt have much to do with that but inshaAllah i hope i get a piece of that reward for facilitating things, so to speak.

wearing thobe and qamis and whatnot is more or less a "game time decision". if im in a place where i think i wont get taken seriously i.e. "white boy gone native" then i dont. but if im in a place where its common practice for muslims to dress in this manner e.g. philly, various places in uk, then i will. lounging around the house then its usually just sweatpants and an old short sleeved thobe.

and various madhhabs have stressed various aspects of sunnah garb e.g. hanafis and the headcovering, malikis and the prayer shawl.

one sunnah that i see getting really ignored is the imamah
                      I'm starting to wear it now.. Everyone wears the saudi scarf around here. But I'm gonna wear the Turban.
                      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                      X