Sunnah Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnah Clothing

Hadith - Bukhari 7.695 (Also 7.744) Narrated Ibn Abbas, r.a.
    The Prophet (saaws) said, "Whoever cannot get an Izar, can wear trousers, and whoever cannot wear sandals can wear Khuffs."

^Is the sentence above ONLY referring to hajj/umrah dress code for men?

Is there any authentic hadith that Prophet Muhammad pbuh state sirwal is sunnah(for normal days)?I mean what is the criteria to be listed as sunnah clothing?
    Last edited by YouthThunder; 03-05-12, 09:59 AM.

Re: Regarding sunnah clothing

uhm...anyone?

Comment

Sunnah Clothing

Any brothers or sisters here wear Sunnah clothing daily in the west? How is you experience? I'm thinking of starting to, but kind of need some encouragement and advice. I also have bit of a defensive attitude,so if anyone were to say something bad i'd likely punch them in the face ( something i'm working on, don't jump on me).

On the side note, I've been growing my beard and sad part of this is that the first person to say something negative was my own mother and my dad joined in laughing ( their both muslim). Good thing I listen to Nouman Ali Khan lectures.

Comment

Re: Sunnah Clothing

Your parents probably were just teasing you because of this change. Just like a new haircut or when you dye your hair a bright colour etc
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

it's always hard at the beginning but then you and everyone else gets used to it. just remember that people will never be happy so focus on pleasing Allah
          "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
          (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
          He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
            Your parents probably were just teasing you because of this change. Just like a new haircut or when you dye your hair a bright colour etc
            Na, she was serious. My moms side of the family are not religious.

Comment

I use to be a boy...

then I grew my beard like a lion.

now.. now I am a man.

:P

Sunnah clothing, we never wear them tho...
              La illaha ilallah

Comment

I wear my those pretty much all the time when I go out and I have my miswak ;D no has said anything bad to me except this Lil kid who I saw in the train after school, he said mummy he is wearing a priests dress lol, I just laughed and gave him some skittles I had and told him this is a Muslim dress. Everyone was happy at the end of the day.lol.
                http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
                  I use to be a boy...

now.. now I am a man.

Who's we? You mean you and KurdishKid?

Comment

Originally posted by Masih View Post
                    Who's we? You mean you and KurdishKid?
                    around my area, my brothers/friends, never wear them
                    La illaha ilallah

Comment

I use to be a boy...

now.. now I am a man.

A man without his beard is like a lion without his mane. lol

Comment

around my area, my brothers/friends, never wear them
                        ohh, ya don't see too many Muslims in Canada wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Masih View Post
                          ohh, ya don't see too many Muslims in Canada wearing it.
                          What part are you in? because in Toronto a lot of brothers wear it.
                          "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                            What part are you in? because in Toronto a lot of brothers wear it.
                            t.dot they do, everywhere...
                            La illaha ilallah

Comment

:salams

People give me a really hard time with the beard. I get a lot of threats some most are bold.

I think the thobe and kufi daily would be too quick of a phase.

I wear my cultural pants and just a shirt. The beard is the only Sunnah on me at the moment Alhamdulillah.

Like above, If i was in a larger city like Toronto, I don't think i'd have a problem.
                              "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Working...
                              X