My mother nags me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mother nags me

When my mother nagged me to pluck my bushy eyebrow, I told her "no, mum. Do you know that plucking eyebrow can make it re-grow in inappropriate places that it looks so messy and ugly? Spending the rest of my life plucking those re-growing eyebrow is crazy. So no".

But I was stubborn in the first place. Everytime my mum nagged, I just ignored her. She eventually stopped singing her eyebrow songs. Persistence indeed pays off!
    :GB_bonesrock:
    And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Please stick to the op question.

Comment

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
        My mother is obsessed with telling me to pluck my eyebrows ,10times or more in the day she tells me and for everyday..I feel tired from hearing it and when I tell her it's haram she says it's not and people make that up. What should Ido?
        Tell your mother in addition to the above, that she has No Authority above that of Allah ta'ala and his Rasul :saw: in a respectful way ...

There is No Obedience in Disobedience to the Creator,

:jkk:
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by RocketKid View Post
          beard is not fard, if it was obligatory then how do you explain people not being able to grow beards/hair?
          beard was only used back on the time of the prophet to distinguish between a non-muslim and a muslim during war and it also resembles judgement, no thing less and no thing more.

'Aishah Radiyallahu Anha narrated that the Messenger of Allah PBUH said: "Ten are from the Fitrah: trimming the moustaches, growing the beard, using the Siwak, snuffing up water in the nose, cutting nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving off pubic hair and cleaning one's private parts with water."
          We don't wear bend the Sunnah (Beard) for Fashion ...

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Back on topic please.

Grotbags
            Some of The Best Dhikr

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihiReward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. AlhamdulillahReward: Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbarRewardLa hawla wa la quwwata illa billahReward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34)Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. AstaghfirullahReward:Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Comment

My mother is obsessed with telling me to pluck my eyebrows ,10times or more in the day she tells me and for everyday..I feel tired from hearing it and when I tell her it's haram she says it's not and people make that up. What should Ido?
              Be patient with your Mum, show her the hadith and chat with her about it.

Be an extra good daughter to her in the following week so she knows that you still love her and this is not personal teenage rebellion.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketKid View Post
                You can reshape them if that is ok with your mother and you can also cut the middle part of it and Allah knows best.
                Are you sure it's okay to reshape them? Anyone else have opinions on this?

Comment

Are you sure it's okay to reshape them? Anyone else have opinions on this?
                  No you can only remove the mono brow.

The Prophet :saw: said: The one that plucks the eye brows is cursed.
                  "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Does that mean your going to hell?

Comment

just ignore your mother when she says that. else threaten to shave off her eye brows completely :up:
                      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

I saw a article few days ago saying by American scientists that eyebrow plucking causes migraines, can't find the article anymore, if someone has it send it to me please

Comment

Originally posted by KurdishKid View Post
                          No you can only remove the mono brow.

The Prophet :saw: said: The one that plucks the eye brows is cursed.
                          why? i would like to know the reasoning

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X