My mother nags me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother nags me

My mother is obsessed with telling me to pluck my eyebrows ,10times or more in the day she tells me and for everyday..I feel tired from hearing it and when I tell her it's haram she says it's not and people make that up. What should Ido?

Re: My mother nags me

Plucking the eyebrow in order to shape it is haraam for both men and women.

As for removing the hairs in the middle, [commonly referred to in slang as the "uni-brow"] this is considered removing un-natural hairs and not plucking the eyebrow, and is thus, allowed.

The hairs in the middle of the eyebrows are not part of the eyebrows, so in that case, you are allowed to pluck them. Just don't pluck the main eyebrows, just the middle hairs.

Comment

:salams

Have you shown her the hadith?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

She's still not very strong in Islam o I don't want her to run way..

Comment

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
          pretty certain if you pull out the hadith book, show her the hadith she wont be able to say it is made up then
          Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by asiel_amier View Post
            This is probably a test from Allah.

Be most merciful and kind to your Mother. Show her what islam really is.

Hoover the whole house, help her with chores. Then you can say "no i wont pluck my eyebrows".

Try to gain most of her respect.

Comment

You can reshape them if that is ok with your mother and you can also cut the middle part of it and Allah knows best.
              Last edited by RocketKid; 23-06-12, 04:25 AM.

Comment

my dad used to tell me to have a small fashionable shadow beard rather than an actual one , after a year or so , she will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                  my dad used to tell me to have a small fashionable shadow beard rather than an actual one , after a year or so , she will stop.
                  beard is not fard, if it was obligatory then how do you explain people not being able to grow beards/hair?
                  beard was only used back on the time of the prophet to distinguish between a non-muslim and a muslim during war and it also resembles judgement, no thing less and no thing more.

'Aishah Radiyallahu Anha narrated that the Messenger of Allah PBUH said: "Ten are from the Fitrah: trimming the moustaches, growing the beard, using the Siwak, snuffing up water in the nose, cutting nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving off pubic hair and cleaning one's private parts with water."
                  Last edited by RocketKid; 23-06-12, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketKid View Post
                    beard is not fard, if it was obligatory then how do you explain people not being able to grow beards/hair?
                    beard was only used back on the time of the prophet to distinguish between a non-muslim and a muslim during war and it also resembles judgement, no thing less and no thing more.
                    why dont u bring ur evidence that beard is not fard?

ur logic is based on people that cant grow beard? .... there are some people who dont have legs to walk , that doesnt mean they dont need to pray.

Comment

why dont u bring ur evidence that beard is not fard?

ur logic is based on people that cant grow beard? .... there are some people who dont have legs to walk , that doesnt mean they dont need to pray.
                      why dont u bring ur evidence that beard is fard?
                      those who can pray without legs are the same as the sick ones, in Sunna, sick people and pregnant women could pray while sitting.

As for beards, beards has no replacement, Fard means heaven or hell.
                      Those who don't have beards obviously won't go to hell, other wise so many Muslims without hair will go to hell...

Allah knows best.

Comment

why dont u bring ur evidence that beard is fard?
                        those who can pray without legs are the same as the sick ones, in Sunna, sick people and pregnant women could pray while sitting.
                        What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].”

Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians.” According to another version: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/133

Comment

The prophet [pbuh] clearly indicated to shave public hair.

Comment

The prophet [pbuh] clearly indicated to shave public hair.
                            when did i say not to shave pubic hair? ....

Comment

when did i say not to shave pubic hair? ....
                              he said PUBLIC :rotfl:
                              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X