Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would you advise a concerned mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you advise a concerned mother?

is it normal for men to be so darn competitive in sports? when a father pushes his son to try and try harder, doesnt this take the fun out of the game? is this something all men pass down to the younger generations of obsessed athletes? is it a male thing, and should a mother just back out and let father and sons do thier thing.. or should she step in and say enough already... its just a game!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would appreciate feedback from fathers and sons please.

as a man :D i think the competative spirit is important, and will be advantageous in the youth's adulthood. That said, too much is never healthy. I would dare say that it is then the mothers job to compliment the education provided by the father. Perhaps by teaching the youth to temper his ambition and competativeness with traits of compassion, empathy and fairness.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Children shouldnt b taught tht winning is evrything. tht def does tke the fun out of sports.
      a competitive streak is desirable...bt can do more harm than good if its excessive.
      the mother should voice her concerns to the father.

(im nt a father or a son (im nt male full stop :p )...but still..thought i'd put fwd my opinion)
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Last edited by dour; 10-03-04, 04:42 PM.
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I was brought up by my mum, and so I never had the driving Dad at the back of me. But I think there were enough pressures out there. For a middle class male growing up in the 1970s, that meant - get your 'A' levels, get a degree, and get a job that will make you look important!!

I think these kinds of situations are complicated, and I'm not sure there is a right answer. I always think the getting people involved to talk about things in a relaxed way is a step forward.
          [COLOR=darkgreen]With it will be (given) a mixture of Tasneem:
          A spring, from (the waters) whereof drink those Nearest to Allah.[/COLOR]

Comment

try talking to the dad in person in an unthreatening way that is all I can think of.

Peace
            3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X