Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disowning your child?

:salams

What do you think of parents disowning their child?

Are there any circumstance where disowning your child would be justified?

What does Islam say about this? Does it come under breaking ties of kinship?

Is disowning you child different to simply kicking you child out or are they in essence the same thing?

:jkk:

Re: Disowning your child?

If he forsakes Islam or abuses Allah or his Rasool :saw: he is not my child.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamaties View Post
      If he forsakes Islam or abuses Allah or his Rasool :saw: he is not my child.
      He is your child and you are responsible for him. Your children are a test or trial for you, and your actions or lack of actions will be judged by Allah swt alone.

"Each one of you is a caretaker (ra'iy) and is responsible for those under his care." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)
      "Allah will ask every caretaker (ra'iy) about the people under his care, and the man will be asked concerning the people of his household." (Reported by Ahmad, al-Nisai, and Abu Daoud)
      Last edited by journey2jannah; 06-06-12, 02:13 PM.
      The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by journey2jannah View Post
        He is your child and you are responsible for him. Your children are a test or trial for you, and your actions or lack of actions will be judged by Allah swt alone.
        I will kill him, one word against my beloved Nabi :saw: and I will kill him, even his mother won't be able to save him.

Comment

Huh? Surely that would be going against the teaching our beloeved Nabi Muhammad :saw:. The parents duty is to educate his child not to kill his child. It's your child but s/he is accountable to Allah, not you.
          The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Comment

I will kill him, one word against my beloved Nabi :saw: and I will kill him, even his mother won't be able to save him.
            Well if he does something like that the it shows how good of a father you were in teaching him about the love for Allah and his rasool better of you killing yourself asWell
            http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Bump

Comment

do you mind me asking the age of the child?

Comment

Originally posted by journey2jannah View Post
                  do you mind me asking the age of the child?
                  The thread wasn't based on a real-life incident. Its more about the general idea of disowning and just asking people here what their thoughts are on this.

Comment

Sorry, I was mistaken.

Comment

It depends on what the child has done. If the child did something that is, or is borderline murtad stuff then yes you can. Abubakr faced his son in battle and didn't hesitate to kill him although he didnt succeed and his son became a Muslim later.

Comment

There are so many cases of people coming to the forum and saying that they will be disowned if they don't marry who their parents want them to marry, astagfirallah. It just seems that the concept of love for child isn't found in some people if they can reject their own flesh and blood so easily.
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

seek help, psycho.
                          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

I sure hope you never have children for their sake.

Comment

Wa Aalaikum Assalam waRAhmatullahi waBarkatuh

Brothers and sisters we need to have knowledge of the topic before answering it =/.

In Islam, inheritance is not a personal matter, it is a matter of the islamic state. In other words, you have no say in inheritance in terms of taking it away or giving it, it is set in stone by Allah and will happen that way whether you want it to or not.
                              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Working...
                              X