Backbting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backbting

This scares me A LOT how do you stop backbiting?

Re: Backbting

:salams

Don't talk about things regarding other people behind their back that you wouldn't talk about in front of them.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :salams

Don't talk about things regarding other people behind their back that you wouldn't talk about in front of them.
      See the thing is I tell EVERYONE how I feel regardless but that is still backbiting.

Comment

You tell everyone about who? Yourself?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QEadXjJSc.
          whenever I feel like I am talking about some one behind their back I quickly think of this video , alhmadillah I stop or change the subject.

Comment

You tell everyone about who? Yourself?
            If I talk about someone behind their back it would be no different if they were right there.

Comment

thank u

Comment

Originally posted by Toutaa View Post
                watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QEadXjJSc.
                whenever I feel like I am talking about some one behind their back I quickly think of this video , alhmadillah I stop or change the subject.
                =/ Bunch of women in that video.

Originally posted by mizzprincess98 View Post
                If I talk about someone behind their back it would be no different if they were right there.
                The difference is that you would not talk negatively about someone in front of people. Maybe, you would, but generally people don't do that.

Comment

=/ Bunch of women in that video.

The difference is that you would not talk negatively about someone in front of people. Maybe, you would, but generally people don't do that.
                  Okay I am not a mean person but if someone makes me mad and I say something then they find out i dont deny it i tell them. That is anyone so that isnt backbiting?

Comment

Right, the trouble is some people are brutally honest even to a person's face, and then when they say it behind their back, you call them out, they say hey I would say it to their face too.

But that doesn't mean it's not backbiting. The definition is that you say something that the person in question would hate to have said about them.
                    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Sister, you have to work on controlling your anger and not saying "something." Even if they did out you said such-and-such, the issue you have to deal with is that you should've not said anything, in the first place.

So, work on that, and the other problem will go away on its own.

Comment

Salaam,

The most important thing is to be honest. I'll be honest about that person, you don't lie, or else it will always compromise your integrity, whether your at work, school, or dealing with your parents. Unfortunately we have become a godless society and these characteristics don't exist anymore. It's all about backbiting scr***** the other person over or greed. Allah swt will ask about all the stuff we said about others, how will we respond? May allah swt guide us.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesnowman View Post
                          I'll be honest about that person, you don't lie,
                          No sis, don't be honest about it, don't not be honest, just don't bring it up.

Some people legitimately have bad in them. I'm one such person for example. That does not mean that we can point out that bad thing they legitimately have behind their back, despite the fact that they do in fact have that bad thing.

This is, unless it is to warn someone who may potentially be harmed. This exception is often abused though, so be very honest with yourself when judging if it's necessary.
                          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

I do know how to control my anger. i am just honest with everyone. If people ask me about something like are you mad or do you like me I will tell them the fully truth bc i hate lying.

Comment

"O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X