Two similar attempts are not acceptable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two similar attempts are not acceptable

Few days back, a professor shouted, “Two similar presentations?!? NOT acceptable!! I want improvement with every attempt!!” As his words echoed in my ears, my mind recalled words of the best artists, "Every movie/song is a challenge/ responsibility & I take immense pleasure in it as if I am doing it for the first time. I give my all in every performance, but my best is yet to come." The keenness to improve & the hunger to grow ones capabilities/ focus, turns an ‘ordinary’ job into something ‘larger than life’. So much so that the audience cries with sorrow even while knowing that it all is based on lies.

On the contrary, there is a responsibility/duty/presentation called Salah/namaz, which due to lack of dedication has become an embarrassment & disgrace for both, the person who offers it & the quality control agent (angel) who grades it. The intensity in praying has reduced with time & has eventually turned into a ritual/ ‘just a habit’. An actor with his efforts & commitment makes a 'reel lfe' look real, while my laziness has turned a real life practice (Prayers with essence) into a 'mechanical' effort. Actors get into the skin of their role & aren't bothered by the irrelevent thoughts that, on the other hand, easily/frequently disturbs my connection with ALLAH, during prayers.

Still there are people, whose prayers have become a source of inspiration even for non-believers, due to their sincerity & the grace/ mercy of ALLAH Jalla Jalaaluhu
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 03-06-12, 06:53 AM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Two similar attempts are not acceptable

So many corrections in my poor English that I had to edit my whole post. May ALLAH Subhana Wa'ta'aala bless my wife & also my friend.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Re: Two similar attempts are not acceptable

:salams

May Allah grant us khusoo in salaah and accept them all fully.

:jkk: brother.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X