Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know any dua for parents?

Assalamu Aleikum

I live in Europe and my family lives in Africa, i haven't seen them for 6 years. Tho we have communication it's not the same.

I am worried abt my mother, she has alwayz been sick, really sick. My mother is the most strongest person in the whole world. She helps ppl when she is the one in need of help. Wheneva she is sick, she tells me not to cry and that it is Allah who brings pain and takes it away. The more she is in pain the more she believes in Allah. I love her so much and i pray for her everynight and everytime i hear that she is sick i read Quraan for her, even tho i am not with her physically, my heart and my soul are with her.

I called her today and i was told that she was very sick last night. I talked to her and she said that Last night she took her Shahada and she didn't think she was gonna live to see dawn. Subhana Allah.

Abu Huraira reported that a person came to Allah,'s Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said : Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand ? He said : Your mother. He again said : Then who (is the next one) ? He said: Again it is your mother (who deserves the best treatment from you). He said: Then who (is the next one) ? He (the Holy Prophet) said : Again, it is your mother. He (again) said: Then who? Thereupon he said: Then it is your father.

I've been searching everywhere for dua's that is meant for parents.

Plz if anyone knowz any dua for parents could you post them to me. Meanwhile i will keep on looking.

Thank you.
    Salam
    Ramla.
    Please Re-update your Signature

assalamu Alaikum ramla- i am so sorry:( - although you are looking for a particular dua- you can ask allah for whatever you want in whatever language and Allah understands- i really feel for you because growing up with my mum- i know just how precious mums are- was your mum muslim before she took her shahadah- if it helps did you know sickness is also a process of cleansing- to help get rid of sins?
    i found one for parents- but not abut sickness
    "And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say- 'my lord bestow on them thy mercy even as they cared for me when i was little'"- surah al-isra: verse 24
    there is also a famous hadith but you have already mentionned it- there is another that jannah is found at the heel of your mothers feet. i will try to find others- but ramla- say what you want with the intention it is for your parents- remember that you can't stop destiny- sometimes sickness is good- it cleanses you of your sins- rather than you getting punished for them in the hereafter- please don't take that as rude- i will try to help you- but always make dua- doesn't have to be in arabic after praying- and pray the istikharah prayer- a prayer asking allah to help guide you to make the best decisions and choices and inshallah you will know what to do- i am sorry-i would ask you some questions but i think it wouldn't be right on this thread- feel free to send me a private message (pm)- if you need any help- as i am your sister and i love you for the sake of Allah :love: :love: :love:
    Assalamu Alaikum
    Last edited by Sophiya; 07-03-04, 09:55 PM.

Comment

ohhh- i just asked my mum if she knew any duas and she said that Allah gave us all our different languages- he says ask me what you want in whatever language- and Allah will understand it after all didn't he create all languages- so say what you want for your parents- remembering that Allah knows best. need anything remeber am a click away- i just really sympathise with you
      Assalamu alaikum

Comment

Assalamu Aleikum

I think you misunderstood me, my mom has alwayz been a muslim, but she was taking the Tawheed thinking that it was time. I do use my language to pray for her, i was just looking for a particular dua that's all. I know that sometimes the pain that we suffer are due to our sins being cleansed, but its hard and as a daughter you would do anything you can to help a loved one especially your mother.

JazakaAllahu Khair Sophiya
        Masha Allah for caring.
        Thank you,

Comment

Re: Anybody know any dua for parents?

Originally posted by Ramlah
          I called her today and i was told that she was very sick last night. I talked to her and she said that Last night she took her Shahada and she didn't think she was gonna live to see dawn. Subhana Allah.
          Asalamalaykum sis

I am really sorry to hear about your mom, can't imagine how sad you must be SubhanaAllah. May Allah grant you patience.

Whatever that Allah wants will happen, as sister sophiya said getting sick cleans our sins it's purification I pray that all your mother's sins will be washed away ameen.

Sis, is it possible if you could visit your mother in africa?

InshaAllah it's always helpful and important that we turn to Allah by reciting Quraan when we have problems and all other times. To seek Allah's protection for our selves and for our parents.

It's also good that you have wudu when you make dua.

about which dua to recite for parents

Du'a for parents

"Rabbighfir lii wa liwaalidayya wa lilmu"miniina yauma yaquumul'hisaab, Rabbirhamhumaa kamaa rabbayaanii shaghiiraa."

it means= O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they have nourished me when I was young.

May Allah give your mother good health and give her strength ameen.

Whatever that Allah wishes will happen InshaAllah.

Comment

Asalamu Aleikum Waraxmatuallahi wabarakatuhu.

I was thinking to visit her before the end of this year, but my life is so complicated and some things are out of my control, but Alhamdullilah for long distance phone and internet it sure does help a little.

Thanx sis for that dua you posted. And Ameen to that.

It's funny tho, how some ppl cut off their blood ties and others would do anything to keep them. But insha Allah everything has a reason and one day we will come to fully understand them.

Jazakaallah khair to all my sisters.
            May Allah make you amongst the Ahlul-Janna

Comment

soory ramlah- i know what you meant about your mother- but it was too late for me to edit it by the time i posted it- i was thinking of my brothers friend who wanted to be muslim- but never bothered to do it as soon as possible and once he thought hee would die of SARS and took his shahdah-
              yeah it is not good to cut blood ties- the prophet (saw) said those aren't once of us-i.e. muslims
              visit if you can- to give you peace of mind- but i really don't understand why you have to absolutely find duas- intuition came up with one- and the rest you can say in your own language- after all your own words will capture your emotions better
              assalamu alaikum

Comment

Assalamu Aleikum

There are a lot of duas for particular situations and i was curious if there was any particular dua for parents.

Sorry if i'm bit slow, i'm just getting to know a lot of stuff. Just try to bear with me aight. lol

Thanx sis
                Jazaka Allah.

Comment

insha'allah i will pray for ur mother's speedy recovery sis ramlah :)!

Comment

Asalamu Aleikum

Ameen
                    Jazaka Allahum Khair

Comment

assalamu Alaikum- slow- sister go at whatever pace you want
                      how is your mother now?

Comment

Asalamu Aleikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Masha Allah sis. She is doing much betta than before Alhamdullilah. I called her last night but she was sleeping but my sis said that she has improved a lot compared to before. So yeah Alhamdullilah.

Jazaka Allahum Khair sis for your concern.

Comment

alhamdulillah- sister you must be relieved
                          I have a mum too that i love very much- she means everything to me- so i know your concern- especially when my mum went into hospital and thought she would die- anyway Allah knows best- keep me posted inshallah

Comment

Assalamu Aleikum sister

Thanx for your concern. Alhamdullilah she is progressing well due to the treatment she is getting now.

Insha Allah she will be better.

Jazaka Allahum Khair.

Comment

Alhamdulilah, thats good news sis ramlah:)

I wish your mom a very speedy recovery InshaAllah!

Comment

Working...
                              X