Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Po

Assalamo alaikum,

I'm not able to watch the video, but if it someone reprimanding a sister for wearing nail polish outside the home, then I can see it as a good thing personally. this is how socities become corrupt, it is a gradual process, first it's "only" nail polish, then "only" makeup, then "only" removing hijab, then "only" skin tight clothes etc etc.

Wearing nail polish outside the home (or inside in view of non maharem) that is visible (ie not hidden under gloves) is forbidden, and we are obliged to enjoin the good AND forbid the evil.

Comment

Re: Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Po

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
      Assalamo alaikum,

I'm not able to watch the video, but if it someone reprimanding a sister for wearing nail polish outside the home, then I can see it as a good thing personally. this is how socities become corrupt, it is a gradual process, first it's "only" nail polish, then "only" makeup, then "only" removing hijab, then "only" skin tight clothes etc etc.
      ^ Thats what I thought, I didnt mention the video as we dont know what happened as some people are saying he followed her and thats creepy.
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
        if it someone reprimanding a sister for wearing nail polish outside the home, then I can see it as a good thing personally. this is how societies become corrupt, it is a gradual process,.
        yes, you start with a finger, then it's the whole hand, then an arm etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          more to the story as inbefore she started filming what was said to her, by who and how. what made her so mad.
          That's easily inferred from the video though. She was being followed ('harassed') by them because she clearly ignored his 'cover yourself' advice.

There is frankly nothing that would have ultimately changed anything about the video we've seen. The who was the Mutawwa...the how is irrelevant. She was rude, yes. She islamically should have taken good advise in whatever for them come, yes. But this idea that there is something that would have 'changed' the video in reality is rather unfounded.
          "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
            That's easily inferred from the video though. She was being followed ('harassed') by them because she clearly ignored his 'cover yourself' advice.

There is frankly nothing that would have ultimately changed anything about the video we've seen. The who was the Mutawwa...the how is irrelevant. She was rude, yes. She islamically should have taken good advise in whatever for them come, yes. But this idea that there is something that would have 'changed' the video in reality is rather unfounded.
            She was more then rude, she was not following the law (both of Islam and of the Land by royal decree even though local authorities in some places are very lax on enforcing it) and you don't see how uncovered she was. This being Riyadh, and him spotting her like that out of the plethora of other improperly dressed women, clearly indicates she was doing a little more then the average improper hijab gigs that goes on their.

And calling this harassment is absurd. Its like saying a police officer following you telling you to slow down because your way over going the speed limit and continues to do so even if you don't heed his warnings the first couple of times is "harassing" you.
            Last edited by Glow; 31-05-12, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Why do people hate Mutaween? They do a better job than any other nation on the planet at keeping fitnah to a minimum, everyone has flaws.
              A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glow View Post
                She was more then rude, she was not following the law (both of Islam and of the Land by royal decree even though local authorities in some places are very lax on enforcing it) and you don't see how uncovered she was. This being Riyadh, and him spotting her like that out of the plethora of other improperly dressed women, clearly indicates she was doing a little more then the average improper hijab gigs that goes on their.

And calling this harassment is absurd. Its like saying a police officer following you telling you to slow down because your way over going the speed limit and continues to do so even if you don't heed his warnings the first couple of times is "harassing" you.
                I'm not saying this woman wasn't out of order. I'm saying what happened in this video is normal and there 'nothing more to the story' that would change what you saw in principle.

That's all I'm saying. There's no hidden story line that would change anything.
                "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

I don't understand how anyone can draw conclusions on a short clip such as this one.

Comment

I don't understand why the Saudi police and law (in general) would fuss over a nail polish but letting free the men who are doing rape while punishing the woman who's a rape victim.
                    :GB_bonesrock:
                    And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

^ it was mentioned in the vid that her hair was showing, of cource she should expect a reaction it's a muslim country. why is it people are puting emphasis on the nails when in the video improper hijab (or was it no hijab, dnt rem) was mentioned.
                      Fall down 7 times, stand up 8 :up: :boom: :bang:

Comment

she totally glossed over the fact that he said her hair was showing, and made a huge scene about nail polish.... i don't get why she was so hostile.
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X