Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Po

Originally posted by SolidSheik View Post
    I really donno what to say about the video, i just wish that it wasn't uploaded to the net. I mean these are the videos kaafirs will take and mock us. Also that muthawwa was way out of line, i am glad that woman put him in his place.
    Like she said their job is to just advice and move along, not to follow etc because if they follow then they themselves are not following the quran by 1)not lowering their own gaze 2)following the women , i know they mean good but advising in Islam isn't just about the final result, its about trying to get a good result by preaching in the right way.
    I know that women may seem rude but it happens because sometimes people have just had enough, saudis need to reform their rules.Some of them are really stupid like arresting people if they wear red for valentines day etc (i mean that's clearly bidah), i never celebrated valentines day but if i want to just wear a red tshirt i should be allowed to. Also women driving but let's keep that for another topic.
    it's all about power

some men like to show off their power, especially over women. Controlling women seems to be one of their main objective in life, and they spend about half of their waking time discussing how women should dress, if they should speak, sing, wear nail polish or even breathe.

It is downright an obsession. And this forum testifies to it.

Comment

Re: Saudi Woman Defies Religious Police:It Is None of Your Business If I Wear Nail Po

herein is yet another example of femimuslimahs on ummah.com

where is the fear of Allah in our approach or our understanding?

if i see a muslim drinking a beer, it is my duty to address the situation

but if it was posted on ummah.com, all types of negative comments would be made

dont you have anything better to do with your life?
      dont you have sins? are you perfect?
      its his business, why are you interfering?
      are you the morality police?

firstly, a muslim enjoins right conduct because Allah has commanded it from us, and our failure to do so is a direct disobedience to Allah

secondly, the reminder benefits the believers, for the hypocrites, they whine and think its a personal attack against them

so if i see a muslim doing haram or if i am doing haram, there is blessing in correcting
      there may be different degrees of correcting, and sometimes the person doing the correcting may do things overboard, however, at ummah.com, amongst the femimuslimahs, it is about how many ways can we justify wrong and bash a man

this is a sad state of mind
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by becroce View Post
        it's all about power

some men like to show off their power, especially over women. Controlling women seems to be one of their main objective in life, and they spend about half of their waking time discussing how women should dress, if they should speak, sing, wear nail polish or even breathe.

this forum brings out all types

it comes with endless communications, we discuss virtually every aspect of life, and some may benefit from it

others may not
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
          What is the punishment for wearing nail polish by the way? I mean after the one for not lowering this infamous gaze........

And for the BILLIONTH time, the SOURCE IS NOT MEMRI, THIS IS JUST FOR THE TRANSLATION FOR THOSE WHO DONT UNDERSTAND ARABIC.

"Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice" : I dont know why the name is so funny and hypocritical at the same time I dont know where to start
          on the day of judgment, will you side with the woman wearing the nail polish or the person trying to correct her?
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

All the scholar had to do was advice, he couldn't change anything by his hand because she was a women. Also it was about the nail polish... on her nails 1) why was he looking at her nails 2)its a minor sin for the women not for him(assuming nail polish is a sin)
            Does the imam stop ppl when they listen to music on their headset? if he does that then this might be justified otherwise not.
            What is the punishment for wearing nail polish by the way? I mean after the one for not lowering this infamous gaze........

And for the BILLIONTH time, the SOURCE IS NOT MEMRI, THIS IS JUST FOR THE TRANSLATION FOR THOSE WHO DONT UNDERSTAND ARABIC.

"Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice" : I dont know why the name is so funny and hypocritical at the same time I dont know where to start
            You guy seem to think the rude, disrespectful lady who bothered to record and put this on YouTube is more trust worthy then the guy who is dressed according to the Sunnah and had proper mannerisms with her despite her rudeness. Like I (and he) said, she was uncovering her head showing her hair. The nails was a secondary issue which she decided to make a big fuss about cause she knew she could not do so about not covering properly (which is becoming more and more prevalent in Saudi). Even my brother Abu Mubarak, I think your missing this point.

You see, this is the calamity with some peoples deviance. Some people are just so deviant it's disgusting and devastating, and then when they are oppressed they whine and whine about their rights, only then when it is given them they continue acting in a deviant manner. When people prevent women from going outside because of the fear of fitnah, people (women mostly) say "Ohhh no, this is not according to the Sunnah! Also, their is no harm in a women going outside if she dresses properly". And then, when the women actually does go outside they push the limits of Hijab and modesty (if you can still even call it that) as far as possible to the point where you can tell if it was not law (and I dont mean Islamic law, but Saudi law) they would not wear it .....and then when their asked to dress properly they say "It's none of your business, I'll show you who's getting out of the Mall" etc etc. What then happens is that as corruption gets more and more prevalent the people who suggested the stricter no exiting the house rules say "Hey, you see! We told you this would happen"

However the only reason I don't support collective judgement and decision making is because not all women are like this Alhamdulilah. Their are plenty of pious and righteous women who take steps to guard their modesty along with being able to actually wear a proper Hijab and leave the house. And if your dressed properly and maintain proper modesty, then InshAllah their is no harm in you spending time outside. The problem is when you go outside causing fitnah fitnah fitnah all over the place and wish for no one to say anything about it or stop it. Even those who's jobs it is to say something about it or stop it. In the land of Saudi Arabia no less. And then we complain why the Ummah is in the state it is.

However, sadly their are also plenty of deviant women who try to be the farthest away from Hijab and modesty in general, and try to bring that attitude into the public sphere.

Comment

I live in Riyadh, Malaz. I have lived in Saudi for almost 15 years now and MashAllah Saudi is a good country. Sadly i will be leaving to my home country after around 2 months :'(
              Salaam,

What is making you leave brother? And allahumdullilah I went to umrah last year. Im not Sure how far it is from Riyadh to Makkah province, but Riyadh was one of the places I wanted to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by becroce View Post
                it's all about power

In some areas this definetly true...the obsessions some people have yaar..

Comment

Originally posted by bluesnowman View Post
                  Salaam,

What is making you leave brother? And allahumdullilah I went to umrah last year. Im not Sure how far it is from Riyadh to Makkah province, but Riyadh was one of the places I wanted to visit.
                  Its about a 6 hours drive in car.

Comment

**forgot to add**

Im sure, actually positive that with all the corruption going on, and with all the hassle advising has become in KSA, if the women just had her Hijab on properly i'm sure the man would not have said anything about the nail polish or even noticed her to begin with. The primary reason for his stopping he is her Hijab, not the nail polish, that was just a secondary reason. Their is already alot of deviance going on in KSA and im sure he has better things to solve or bigger calamities to prevent then a women with good hijab walking around but having colored nails. Even those whom in KSA leave their houses with good hijab (as in the clothing aspect of it) but also with 10 pounds of makeup on their face, even them are rarely stopped these days.

So its far fetched with all this other Fitnah going around, he decided to spot someone with colored nails and waste his valuable time with them.

Comment

Salaam,

That is a far drive. When we mention from madinah to Makkah it was about 4 hours. I was curious on the distance, thank you for answering.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                        ^^^ Never seen or heard a Mutawwa targetting a Woman for her nail polish .

I repeat there is more than meets the eye .

You want to believe anything anti-mutawwa or anti-shabab or anti-taliban that's your problem .
                        Yeah mostly they try to stop free-mixing and people who keeps shop open during prayer.

Never heard of nail-polish being an issue.

Come to think of it though, considering when I used to live there no woman wore nail-polish, a woman who did do so would definitely stand out quite clearly. Might violate tabarruj actually depending.
                        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

the police/guards were clean-shaven?

Comment

There might be more to the story than meets the eye as people have said. There's a mention of her showing her hair at 0.47

Regardless if she's doing something wrong then whats with the criticism. Isn't it the job of the Muttawa to enjoing the good and forbid the evil?

Comment

Originally posted by lutonguy View Post
                              the police/guards were clean-shaven?
                              even if they were, they are men, duh.

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                                There might be more to the story than meets the eye as people have said. There's a mention of her showing her hair at 0.47

Regardless if she's doing something wrong then whats with the criticism. Isn't it the job of the Muttawa to enjoing the good and forbid the evil?
                                the problem people have with this, is when men do some unislamic stuff (not having a beard)) nobody says anything
                                Im not even talking about that guy because what he did was right, it's just the obssssion some have with women having to follow Islam perfectly, but have no problem with for ex men wearing tight jeans where you can see everything.
                                But there's no point. nothing is gonna change, always targeting women (which is fine) but never men (which stinks hypocrisy)
                                It's not written in the Quran, enjoin the good and forbid evil for women only
                                Last edited by anonymous_mehip; 30-05-12, 07:34 PM. Reason: better gsgsfdfkjdl

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X