X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halal hobbies and entertainment

Eating Subway.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

its a sunnah to learn swimming, archery and horse riding

Comment

Assalaamu Alaykum. I like to read. Reading has been a life hobby for me (get it from my mother). Traveling (which I can't do really anymore since becoming Muslim). Watching soccer (though I only get real excited when my team is playing during the fifa, Ghana Black Stars). Horseback Riding (though haven't been since I was 18 on a field trip with my class. I'm an author so I'm working on a few books right now. Gaming. TV (Documentary Channel sometimes, Islamic Documentaries, Arabic Cartoons, certain Japanese Anime, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, Travel Channel, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, Law and Order Criminal Intent, H2, History, Discovery Health and Fitness, Legend of Korra, the DVDs I have right now (mainly cartoons), Military Channel, STARZ when we get it (I like the Western Channel and the Mystery Channel from STARZ). I also blog as it helps me get my thoughts down. I also enjoyed studying in high school and like studying History.

Comment

Going to National parks and Nature conservatories to admire the wild, like this guy :o:

Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

I write poetry when I get bored, was never a good artist.
            My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
              As-salam walikum

I dont think i've seen this kind of thread, but as I encounter some threads about the "lack of entertainment" let's post some here!

PS : NO RABAT-JOIE allowed on this thread.

I'll start inchallah with.... painting a forest

wow
              this guy has a great talent in his head ! mashAllah

Comment

Originally posted by kite runner View Post
                its a sunnah to learn swimming, archery and horse riding
                I like all of them but don't know any !

Comment

Working...
                X