Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halal hobbies and entertainment

As-salam walikum

I dont think i've seen this kind of thread, but as I encounter some threads about the "lack of entertainment" let's post some here!

PS : NO RABAT-JOIE allowed on this thread.

I'll start inchallah with.... painting a forest

My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Re: Halal hobbies and entertainment

:wswrwb:

Great painting. :masha:

Reminded me of Bob Ross. He's the man when it comes to painting nature scenery and the likes. Don't think I've seen anyone better than him.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Great painting. :masha:

Reminded me of Bob Ross. He's the man when it comes to painting nature scenery and the likes. Don't think I've seen anyone better than him.
      I just seen his stuff, it's nice but it is maybe too similar to photography for me...

And Now the immortal : friendship bracelet

http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-friendship-bracelet/
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

-reading biographies of Islamic Personalities ESP the Prophet Mohammed :saw: and Sahaba Or Islamic Novels

-writing Islamic Stories with ur imagination with meaning behind for the benefit of remembering the importance of Islam

-playing with small children because IMO if ur friendly with a younger child, the child will try 2 copy u so if ur doing good and the child copies :insha: Sadqah Jaria

-shopping 4 family members and friends as Prophet Mohammed :saw: informs us the best way for Sadqah is to spend on Family and
        7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
        Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Salaam,

There are plenty of hobbies that are halal. I love to read, cook ( no I'm serious..I really do), Im trying to get myself into shape. There are hundreds of hobbies out there...just find the right one and enjoy it.
          "Knowing what you don’t know is more useful than being brilliant.”
          -Charlie Munger
          "It seems that we're better at finding someone to blame for our problems than we are at finding creative solutions to fix them.”
          -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

readin, riding the bike. walking around nature. playing with cats (its fun) having a telescope (:inlove:), collages, photography (sucks when you live in a city, heard its haram tho?), video games (time consumming, wouldnt recommand it, i had a nintendo 64 emulator lol had to get rid of it)
            poetry I cant write poems though :/
            I tried painting last year and couldnt find any material to paint on :/ so i gave up, but it seems awesome, that forest paint looks beautiful
            The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

used to do a bit of woodcarving a few years ago, it was nice. have always wanted to get into pottery, but never gotten a chance. aside from that, working on cars (mostly my own) and currently my motorcycle which is in pieces. Would also recommend some good old air gun shootin or archery. Have also recently been thinking about hiking or bicycle riding :) I found a park near my house that has lots of trails :))
              "And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Great thread.

Swimming.
                Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Running
                  Working out (don't know if this can be considered as a hobby but it's fun enough to me :o)
                  Baking! :inlove:
                  Sending out postcards to strangers (Postcrossing)
                  Calligraphy (not good at it -_-)
                  Walking
                  Snorkeling (don't do it anymore though)

Comment

I used to do digital a bit, but i kind of was moving closer to realistic so i stopped.

Nature drawing is just not my thing though. I've really tried getting a liking to it but it just doesn't happen. Staying away from drawing is a struggle.
                    Last edited by .Kid.; 30-05-12, 06:09 AM.
                    "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

mmmmm that's nice but the point was actually showing videos as in to see how to do it....

For those who have a garden
                      http://tipnut.com/raised-garden-beds/
                      Last edited by Massilia; 30-05-12, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Sand animation. Most of you guys probably have seen this before, but it's very interesting so I'll post it anyway.

Warning: background music

Comment

Stitching, my favourite at the moment. Its a ladylike habit of some women I guess.

Sewing, its so nice to be able to sew your and your loved ones clothings.

Cooking, its exciting to try new dishes sometime. Mostly, if I am feeling like doing that.... I don't like people forcing me to cook or do anything else.

Gardening, my dad loves it and so do I. When I'll get my own place, I would love to do that and bring some bonsai trees in my house/apartment.

Comment

Thinking :)
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                            ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                            “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

exercising and tennis in the summer

Comment

Working...
                              X