Satin Abayat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin Abayat

Has anyone ever worn a satin abaya? was it too hot or did it feel nice against the skin?? I have silk but I dont know if thats similar to satin or not:scratch:

Re: Satin Abayat

i have one but i havent worn it, its too fancy for the street just bought it in case i ever got invited somewhere nice

(which was about 3 years ago, i think its time to give it away )
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
      i have one but i havent worn it, its too fancy for the street just bought it in case i ever got invited somewhere nice
      Yeah, same for me, don't like wearing it as a casual abaya. Wearing it out on a sunny day would probably blind people too :p
      "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
      [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D‚' wad-Daw‚ Fasl 49]

Comment

Asalaamu'alaikum

Yes, I bought some black satin abayahs from Dubai and find it very comfortable to wear. There are different types of satin available but I tend to go for the one that hasn't got too much of a shine. Silk on the other hand is way too thin and figure hugging especially when out doors and the british weather doesn't help.
        The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by journey2jannah View Post
          Asalaamu'alaikum

Yes, I bought some black satin abayahs from Dubai and find it very comfortable to wear. There are different types of satin available but I tend to go for the one that hasn't got too much of a shine. Silk on the other hand is way too thin and figure hugging especially when out doors and the british weather doesn't help.
          Its not to hot to wear?? Im going to be getting some soon and I dont want to suffocate out in the heat. I never felt satin so I dont know if its a beathebale one or not.

Comment

No, not really. Well, I only wear it on formal occasions. I wouldn't recommendwearing it out on a hot day which inovles some sort of activity, it would be best wear something light and airy.
            The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Comment

:salams

I have two satin ones. They are really comfortable but a bit flashy for everyday wear, more appropiate for occasions/weddings. Don't know about how they feel in the heat. England is mostly always cold. I can't imagen they would be comfortable on a really hot day though.

Comment

I have two which I wear at weddings. They're okay, I've worn them both at summer weddings although that's in the UK and I wouldn't want to wear them if it got really hot such as during a heatwave but I'd be comfortable in warm spring weather. It feels okay and comfortable to wear although I'm not sure about wearing it against the skin because I always wear my indoor clothes under the jilbab.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I think my dream of wearing satin everyday wont happen ahh oh well. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                  X