Signing a contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing a contract

If you get offered a job, but you might get offered a better job later on, can you accept that job and sign the contract but then cancel it if you get a better offer? Or do you legally have to stick with the one you signed up for?

Re: Signing a contract

Yeah, I've done it. Resigned before starting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
      Yeah, I've done it. Resigned before starting the job.
      Is it called a resignation though? Because it's almost a year before I start...

Comment

:salams

Just call them up and say you won't be able to work there. I doubt they were expecting you to stay put for 1 year.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Just call them up and say you won't be able to work there. I doubt they were expecting you to stay put for 1 year.
          It's part of my training year so I have to stick to the same place once I start.

Comment

Unless they specifically stated that you must stay with them (which I don't think they'd do), you should be free to go. :insha:
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
              Is it called a resignation though? Because it's almost a year before I start...
              Well, I was due to start on a Monday, and I notified my boss on the weekend that I got a job in Kuwait instead. I suppose its a resignation. Of course, I probably won't ever get a job at that company again, but I'm in a better job, Alhamdulillah.

Your situation seems to be different.

Comment

stop being lazy and do both jobs - honestly

Comment

Salam,
                  Islamically we are supposed to fulfill our contracts and oaths. Basically signing a contract is like a promise that you will accept the terms and work there. I don't know if it is ethical to just change your mind at the last minute because you got a better offer and leave the company in trouble because they wont have a worker they need . Best to check with a scholar.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
                    stop being lazy and do both jobs - honestly
                    Genius! Why did I not think of that? Now all I need is a device that will clone me and allow me to be in two different cities at the same time. Another problem solved by agony aunt Shamil

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                      Genius! Why did I not think of that? Now all I need is a device that will clone me and allow me to be in two different cities at the same time. Another problem solved by agony aunt Shamil
                      Airplanes can transport you from one city to another :up: you need anything else you let me know

Comment

Why can't you accept/reject the offer later on? Is there a time limit?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                        www.QuranicAudio.com
                        www.Quran.com

Comment

Isnt' there come clause in your contract that says either party can cancel the contract by such and such means. There's always a get out clause.

Comment

Someone at my workplace did it. Signed the contract and submitted it but called later to say that he was offered a better job and will not be turning up.

There might be something near the probationary period saying either party can cancel within the first 2 weeks of employment .. or something along those lines.

Comment

and i thought there were no jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X