Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skittles/Smarties/Star Burst....halaal or haraam

:salams

What is thr ruling on skittles, smarties and star burst....are they halaal or haraam?

:jkk:
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Skittles/Smarties/Star Burst....halaal or haraam

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

What is thr ruling on skittles, smarties and star burst....are they halaal or haraam?

Wasalaam

Down her smarties are halaal, don't know about skittles or star burst.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

read the ingredients and check if the ingredients are or not. as far as i know theyre both fine. although the recipe does change quite often with the sweets containing red or pink colouring which can sometimes be cochineal which is haram

Comment

:wswrwb:

Quick search results: Starburst is suitable for vegetarians (only in the UK me thinks)... so are skittles. Hope this helps.

Oh forgot to add that smarties aren't vegetarian, so not halal.
        Last edited by Reminders; 09-05-12, 04:09 PM.
        [CENTER][SIZE=4]"Truly, I am Allah; there is no God but I; therefore serve Me"[/SIZE]
        [20:14][/CENTER]

Comment

I'm sure starburst and skittles are halal. Not too sure, dont eat sweets anymore :p
          You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

starburst are suitable for veggies... :up: i give them to Harun
            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
              I'm sure starburst and skittles are halal. Not too sure, dont eat sweets anymore :p
              Me neither, so I don't know, but these have been requested by family abroad

:jkk: for all your helps peeps
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Whatever happened to joosters? They were awesome.

Comment

It depends if you believe cochineal - beetles crushed to make red colour - are haram or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Reminders View Post

Quick search results: Starburst is suitable for vegetarians (only in the UK me thinks)... so are skittles. Hope this helps.

Oh forgot to add that smarties aren't vegetarian, so not halal.
                    WHATTTTTTTTTT did u just say?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :badguy:
                    SMARTIES ARE HARAAM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Not so sure about Skittles: http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/?p...uestion&id=233
                      Last edited by .mirror.; 10-05-12, 12:40 AM.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

ISOC told us skittles might be haram and told us to refrain

Comment

For somereason I have just totally lost interest in sweets or chocolates.. I'm gone old :(
                          http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

I dont think I ever will lose interest in sweets and chocolate!

Comment

I have too... From time to time ill buy chocolate, but im not crazy on it... Havent eaten a sweet for about 6/7 years
                              ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Working...
                              X