Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Development Issue

Assalamoalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I am new to this website. I have a question. Plz tell me the answer if anyone of u know this.
    Is game development(mobile games or pc games) allowed in Islam? I asked this question to many people but still i am confused. I know in Islam drawing picture of living things is not allowed. Music is also inappropriate. But what if I create games using non living things(like aeroplanes, cars etc) and sound effects(not music)? Can I use stick figures or robots instead of human models? Can i develop games like "Need for Speed"? Can i create human like figures without any facial parts(like eyes, nose, etc)?

Its related to my career. Thanks in advance. Sorry for my poor English and sorry if i said anything wrong.
    ALLAH knows the best.

Re: Game Development Issue

walayk salam.

have you played portal?
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
      walayk salam.

have you played portal?
      Haven't played but i have seen it. I know about this game. I saw the trailer once.

Comment

about drawing or 3d sculpting , well the punishment context of the hadiths are all about the creator of drawing etc not the users
        and by the time of the Prophet, ummah were permissible to give doll for their kids, and to use gold coin with jesus or heracles face on it since they were only seek the benefit of it....
        in other word there is no sanctions for Users who seek benefit of some drawing or sclupting created by somebody else, so if somebody else making the drawing or 3d models for you and then you Program it for your software development than - IMO - it's fine.

Allah knows best
        Last edited by Arashim; 12-07-12, 04:34 PM. Reason: face

Comment

Are you modelling for the game or are you programming for it?

Comment

I LOve Portal! and Played I And II.
            It's Without Player Face Or Any Human Appearance. It's First Person View With Great Game Play.
            Best of All It's Without Any Blood Shed Or Other Weird Stuff. You Should Seek It Out And Try To Make Something Like It?
            Cause I Think It's Alright. (Correct Meh If I'm Wrong.)

Comment

Should ask a scholar.
              Last edited by Perseveranze; 06-05-12, 07:26 PM.
              A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...29818d66288044
                Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Portal 2, is a good game, but im stuck on 2 player level 7

Comment

Originally posted by Arashim View Post
                    about drawing or 3d sculpting , well the punishment context of the hadiths are all about the creator of drawing etc not the users
                    and by the time of the Prophet, ummah were permissible to give doll for their kids, and to use gold coin with jesus or heracles craving on it since they were only seek the benefit of it....
                    in other word there is no sanctions for Users who seek benefit of some drawing or sclupting created by somebody else, so if somebody else making the drawing or 3d models for you and then you Program it for your software development than - IMO - it's fine.

Allah knows best
                    Thank you Sir for replying. Great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
                      Are you modelling for the game or are you programming for it?
                      Actually i am programmer but for learning purpose i have to create few textures and figures(of non living things) to create 2D games. Sir I'm still in learning phase.

Comment

Thank you for replying. The link was of great help. But games always contain animation. I think i'm not allowed to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Momina*~ View Post
                          I LOve Portal! and Played I And II.
                          It's Without Player Face Or Any Human Appearance. It's First Person View With Great Game Play.
                          Best of All It's Without Any Blood Shed Or Other Weird Stuff. You Should Seek It Out And Try To Make Something Like It?
                          Cause I Think It's Alright. (Correct Meh If I'm Wrong.)
                          To create that game(Portal) someone must have created a 3d figure of a person who used to hold the gun(using tools like maya or blender) and then programmers make it move. I am telling u this coz i am trying to get a job in a gaming company. And being a programmer i have to move some figure or texture created by others. So the game still contains picture(model) of a living being.
                          But anyways i understand what u want to say and yes thanks for your help.

Comment

Portal 2, is a good game.

Comment

Oh, Nao I See & Understand! I'm Programmer Too But Not That Advance. Meh Novice, ;P I Will Program A Game Too Hopefully But I Hope You Get Successful. :] Muslim Ummah Really Lack Good Games. :C And Need Good Games. :]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X