X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saddest Pic

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    :salams

Let's be optimistic. I'm sure they crossed the drain and went ahead. The mama bird is looking for something else. :up:
    walaikumusalam wa rahmutallahi wa barakatuhu i hope soo :(
    "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
      I've heared, not sure if this is true, but there is a rule when shooting videos/photography in the wild life.. that you NEVER NEVER interupt, jump, intercede in anything natural happening.

For example, how many predator videos have we seen?...no one dares to stop it, because it's part of nature. Ive seen a couple of documentaries, when those shooting have broken the rules and intercepted wild life.

Anyone heared of the above?.. Im not saying saying from an islamic point of view or anything, but is what i heared true?... If you see a animal getting lost from its parents, then so be it.. you dont help or do anything, just let nature take its toll.
      Never heard of that rule. But I'm pretty sure little chicks falling in a drain is not part of nature.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

I've heared, not sure if this is true, but there is a rule when shooting videos/photography in the wild life.. that you NEVER NEVER interupt, jump, intercede in anything natural happening.

For example, how many predator videos have we seen?...no one dares to stop it, because it's part of nature. Ive seen a couple of documentaries, when those shooting have broken the rules and intercepted wild life.

Anyone heared of the above?.. Im not saying saying from an islamic point of view or anything, but is what i heared true?... If you see a animal getting lost from its parents, then so be it.. you dont help or do anything, just let nature take its toll.
        Ducks falling into a drain is hardly wildlife. It's like saying if you see a cat about to fall off a bridge you shouldn't save it because it's 'nature'. In a man-made environment it's not going to be natural no matter what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
          Ducks falling into a drain is hardly wildlife. It's like saying if you see a cat about to fall off a bridge you shouldn't save it because it's 'nature'. In a man-made environment it's not going to be natural no matter what you do.
          I dont know what constitutes to wildlife.. but they are out there in the so call world, on there own etc

I didnt say you shouldnt save it lol, I said i have heared of a general rule, that's why it happens in the wildlife. I am quite sure those shooting documentaries never intefere, and its one of those "codes" you have in your sector/area of work etc.

edit : I was right.

read below from a blog

"The film followed a small community of female elephants and their young. They were struggling through a drought and were desperately trying to make it to a greener area so that they could nourish themselves and provide milk for one of the infants who was near death. They were unsuccessful and the young elephant died.

My first reaction to watching it all unfold was “oh it’s just so horrible that there was nobody around to help these poor animals” and then I realised … hold on a second .. there was a WHOLE F****** CAMERA CREW that could have helped!!!! I have met wildlife film makers who have told me about watching animals die but doing nothing because they see it their job to record but not “interfere” with the natural order of things. To them, interfering and intervening are one in the same but to me, they’re not at all.

As I see it, “interfering” is to hinder whereas “intervening” is to help."
          Last edited by QMU; 05-05-12, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I dont know what constitutes to wildlife.. but they are out there in the so call world, on there own etc

I didnt say you shouldnt save it lol, I said i have heared of a general rule, that's why it happens in the wildlife. I am quite sure those shooting documentaries never intefere, and its one of those "codes" you have in your sector/area of work etc.

edit : I was right.

read below from a blog

"The film followed a small community of female elephants and their young. They were struggling through a drought and were desperately trying to make it to a greener area so that they could nourish themselves and provide milk for one of the infants who was near death. They were unsuccessful and the young elephant died.

My first reaction to watching it all unfold was “oh it’s just so horrible that there was nobody around to help these poor animals” and then I realised … hold on a second .. there was a WHOLE F****** CAMERA CREW that could have helped!!!! I have met wildlife film makers who have told me about watching animals die but doing nothing because they see it their job to record but not “interfere” with the natural order of things. To them, interfering and intervening are one in the same but to me, they’re not at all.

As I see it, “interfering” is to hinder whereas “intervening” is to help."
            Your example talks about animals in the wild again. If ducks are about to fall into a drain, or get run over by a car or get thrown into a washing machine, you will not stand by and watch them because it's not the natural way of things.

Comment

Your example talks about animals in the wild again. If ducks are about to fall into a drain, or get run over by a car or get thrown into a washing machine, you will not stand by and watch them because it's not the natural way of things.
              yes, yes i know, jzk for that.

This is a differnt part of the topic, the sister above you said she hadnt heared of that rule. So i thought id find out if what i heared is true. And it seems it is.

Thats interesting news to me.. something i should be posting in the "what have you learnt today" thread.

Comment

yes, yes i know, jzk for that.

This is a differnt part of the topic, the sister above you said she hadnt heared of that rule. So i thought id find out if what i heared is true. And it seems it is.

Thats interesting news to me.. something i should be posting in the "what have you learnt today" thread.
                It's not really a rule, it's pretty much common sense. If they gave the elephants water there would be no documentary, just a bunch on elephants drinking water and no ones going to pay to watch that.

Comment

Originally posted by shikran View Post
                  :lahawla: i remember this...

Comment

It's not really a rule, it's pretty much common sense. If they gave the elephants water there would be no documentary, just a bunch on elephants drinking water and no ones going to pay to watch that.
                    They let the elephant die. The rule is to capture and not intervene. Check out their forums, they have debates on this stuff.

Ive read an article where a meerkat or tiger was lost from his parents, they said they could just put em back in their hurd, public wont even know it happened, but they dont do it.

Its a so called "code" in their area... quite interesting if you ask me.

Comment

just a bunch on elephants drinking water and no ones going to pay to watch that.
                      i'd still watch it.

Comment

Working...
                      X