• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duas_Revival
    replied
    Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
    What do you do when you feel sad?

What advice you give to some whose feel sad because they are stuck in a hopeless situation and see no way out in the near future? You could tell em to be patient but there has to more than that, right? Any advice?
    Wa Alaikumus Salam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Firstly - stay strong as Allah Azza Wajal says in Surah Al Imran Verse 139: "Do not loose hope, nor be sad"

Secondly - We will be tested, please be steadfast. Just like when someone enrolls into a school they are given "Exams" to test their knowledge; once we have believed we shall be tested, "Jannah" doesn't come easy.

Allah says in Surah Baqarah Verse 155: "And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient".

So what do we learn from this ayat? Be patient and keep asking Allah for relief.

Always remember Dua is a weapon of a believer! Keep making Dua and lots of Istighfar.

Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is the weapon of a believer!

And your Lord says, "Call upon Me, I will respond to you." Quran (40:60)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dua_Yunus_Forgiveness.png
Views:	71
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	12598279

Arabic to English Translation: La ilaha illa anta, Subhanaka, Inni kuntu minaz-zalimin

Meaning: There is no God but You, Glorified be You! Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/supplica...us-forgiveness

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
    DR

Leave a comment:

• nousername
    replied
    Re: What do you do when you feel sad?

Run

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

-pray:

:there:

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Also I would suggest listhening to classical music really helps me as well :)
    :scratch: Music is impermissible.

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied
    Curl up in a corner and cry. Or curl up in bed.

Leave a comment:

• lonerider
    replied

Ws, I read the the story of Ayyub a.s. and that always cheers me up :)

Leave a comment:

• MoMo.
    replied

Ok, thank you everyone for the advice. I feel alot better, Alhamdulillah.

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

I can kinda relate at times but I would say to reflect on the many blessings that you have in front of you Alhamdullilah. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget about how Allah has blessed us. If you have health or if you have time remember to take advantage of this time because you surely will be asked about this. Also remember that if at the moment you aren't able to do something just at least make the intention that you would want to do it if you had the capability to do it and insha'Allah you will be rewarded for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jigsaw
    replied

Guys get back to the topic. Private message me personally to send me Islamic guidance.

Also I would suggest listhening to classical music really helps me as well :)

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Originally posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Yea I knew someone would pick up on the music thing. It helps me a lot.

Generally everyday I read Quran/Prayer/Dua > BUT not when I am sad, because when I am sad > I need to do other things and reflect (Whilst always thinking/reflecting I am actively consulting and chatting to Allah or just engaged in that activity). It's much more important to me. I think it's a lot more interpersonal than say reading the Quran.

Also.....when I'm really really conflicted. I tend to cook a feast in throughout the night. There's something peaceful about being alone, engaged in a mighty task but making sure I'm really really quite. Like making a master piece. I enjoy this a lot. lol
    Just a word of advice because maybe you may never have known this but when you listen to music(with instruments) you are clearly going against the Prophet(pbuh) teaching. So insha'Allah if you really want to connect with Allah then you should try to abstain from things that isn't good in front of Allah.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Leave a comment:

• Islam.07
    replied

Jigsaw, with all due respect your post has so many wrongs. But each to their own and I hope the OP will only take the good out of it.

OP, a lot of people say make dua, and majority of the time, we just brush it aside. But when you're making dua you're acknowledging the fact, that you are in need of Him, no matter how high you think of yourself, how much swag you have, compared to Allah swt you are nothing, and you are constantly in need of Him. You can go to the park for a walk, eat, read, workout do whatever, but ultimatly, without the help of Allah swt you will not get far.

Allah swt mentions in the Quran in reference to Musa and his brother.

Allah swt knew the affairs of Moosa and Haroon, he knew the affairs of Firawn, of Yaqoob, of Ayoob, and He knows your affairs, He wouldn't be Allah swt if He didn't. If we understand this concept in it's true meaning then when we feel sad we shouldn't turn to anyone but Him, ask nobody but Him, confide in nobody but Him, honestly, you will never find true peace unless it's with Him.

Times of sadness are made for dua and calling Allah swt, speaking to Him.

This ayah explicity tells us what we need to do when in distress, we need to call Him and ask Him to take care of our affairs.

Finally, when things aren't going your way, then just remember that things could be much much worse. And if something that you want to happen, isn't happening, then know that Allah swt has something better in store for you, as long as you make dua, be sincere and leave all your affairs to Allah swt, were can you fail?

I think as long as the first step you take is to make dua and call on Allah swt and acknowledge you cannot get through your life without His assistance then practical things come into play, workout-keeping your body and mind afresh, walks, helping out the needy so you can then reflect on how lucky you are.

You'll be in my duas inshAllah. :)

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

^ do too many reps of those lady dumbells ?

Leave a comment:

• MoMo.
    replied

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
    :wswrwb:

I'm actually pretty sad myself and have been in the state of inertia for quite some time now so InshaAllah I hope this thread will help me as well.

Hurm... I usually listen to Qur'an recitations whenever I feel down. I don't know why but I really like this one particular recitation and I've been listening to it a lot, it's already stuck in my head now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT-jmK2GWs

I also make a compilation of some short lectures on my mp3, most of them are on the topics about Imaan, Jannah, being patient, anything that lift up and boost my imaan... Then I would just lie down on my bed and play them over and over again.

I also work out. It clears my mind and then I would just forget about what I think earlier. Man... how those workout instructors move and talk at the same time, I would never know! I can barely workout AND think at the same time

Changing the environment also helps a lot. Go out, take long walks, see the nature. InshaAllah it will at least do a little change.
    :jkk:

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    go to the gym and punch the punching bag ....
    yea gonna start going back soon, Insha'Allah, once i feel a bit better, still have some pain in my right side.

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

go to the gym and punch the punching bag ....

Leave a comment:

• geeksupremo
    replied

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
    Asalaam Alaikum,
    :wswrwb:

I'm actually pretty sad myself and have been in the state of inertia for quite some time now so InshaAllah I hope this thread will help me as well.

Hurm... I usually listen to Qur'an recitations whenever I feel down. I don't know why but I really like this one particular recitation and I've been listening to it a lot, it's already stuck in my head now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT-jmK2GWs

I also make a compilation of some short lectures on my mp3, most of them are on the topics about Imaan, Jannah, being patient, anything that lift up and boost my imaan... Then I would just lie down on my bed and play them over and over again.

I also work out. It clears my mind and then I would just forget about what I think earlier. Man... how those workout instructors move and talk at the same time, I would never know! I can barely workout AND think at the same time

Changing the environment also helps a lot. Go out, take long walks, see the nature. InshaAllah it will at least do a little change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X