Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do when you feel sad?

have sabr.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      have sabr.
      :jkk:

Comment

Asalaam Alikum

When I feel sad I tend to..........

Listen to Quran
        Read Quran
        Watch an Islamic Lecture
        Think about what I should be grateful for (sight, hearing, touch, smell, etc)
        Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

when i am sad, i remember my father and cry then i listen to Quran, talk home to my family,go out to eat and sleep.
          In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but silence of our friends.

Comment

Chocolate. It makes me feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
              Asalaam Alaikum,

What advice you give to some whose feel sad because they are stuck in a hopeless situation and see no way out in the near future? You could tell em to be patient but there has to more than that, right? And this has nothing to so with marriage lol. Any advice?
              When im feeling sad, i have to get it out of my system....

Cry.... coz if you try and bottle thing up, you're going to blow and the smallest thing will set you off!

Make dua....Talk to Allah swt and ask Him swt to make it easy for you.

Oh and eat lots and looooots of CHOCOLAAAAATE! :)
              "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
              "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

Comment

Originally posted by ~kittens~ View Post
                When im feeling sad, i have to get it out of my system....

Cry.... coz if you try and bottle thing up, you're going to blow and the smallest thing will set you off!

Make dua....Talk to Allah swt and ask Him swt to make it easy for you.

Oh and eat lots and looooots of CHOCOLAAAAATE! :)
                Your display picture is bringing a smile to my face. Lol.

KITTENS!

Comment

Originally posted by oz99 View Post
                  Your display picture is bringing a smile to my face. Lol.

KITTENS!
                  Looool

I looooooove cats :inlove: :meow: :love:
                  "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
                  "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

Comment

I hate chocolate but thanks for the advice :)

Comment

What alleviates your sadness depends on the cause of your sadness I think, but in general terms the obvious thing is turning to Allah (swt) in prayers, in regular dhikr, seeking refuge from shaytaan, exercise to improve the endorphins, spending some time outdoors even if it's just to walk in the park, try to eat a balanced diet according to sunnah (ie one third food, one third water and one third air and sometimes incorporate a bit of honey, dates, olive oil and other good things), if you have some money to spare then give sadaqa.

If your sadness is due to stress then prayer, dua and even meditation can help alleviate the stress so even if you can't eliminate the cause of it, it will be less upsetting to deal with. I honestly believe in some cases of depression though, especially when there isn't an apparent cause (ie there isn't an issue of bereavement, or extreme poverty, severe illness or family upsets) then the depression is a sign that something in your life needs to change. It could mean that something about your current lifestyle lacks barakah, such as academic study (i'm not saying academic study is wrong but if the uni atmosphere depresses you then you may benefit from veering away from it whereas if you're content with managing things at uni then continue to attend), or chasing after more money... basically my meaning is to seek out more stuff to do that is of benefit to your akhirah and not seeking out stuff that merely benefits your dunya- I think that can help.

I watch budgie videos on youtube. I call them my 'budgie therapy' and they cheer me up (more effective than trying a shrink or anti depressant lol). If you're not into budgies then you can watch something else that you're into that cheeers you up inshAllah.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                        Asalaam Alaikum,

What advice you give to some whose feel sad because they are stuck in a hopeless situation and see no way out in the near future? You could tell em to be patient but there has to more than that, right? And this has nothing to so with marriage lol. Any advice?
                        make duaaa, and inshaAllah Allah Subhabu wa ta'allah will make everythinggg better :) theres this book on kalmullah called 'dont be sad' i thiink thats wat its called :L dont know. will check it out
                        "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

here yaa goo http://www.kalamullah.com/aidh-al-qarni.html
                          "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

MoMo....obviously to every trouble there is a practical solution. But I know what your asking about.

Many people will tell you to read such and such a prayer. But personally that never works for me.

I do these things when I'm low:

1. I go for a long lonely walk (appreciate Allah's creation) I'm reminded how small I am. The only dude who will take care of me is not even myself, it's Allah. Pity I can't see Him, probably best I can't see Him. But on this walk I...think...in peace.
                            2. I listen to sad music, to get it out of my system. The music I listen to is hip hop/Alternative Rock, mostly the lyrics are about oppression and lack of freedom. I remember all those that are actually going through tough times in the world. There's lots of hip hop music that speaks about Palestine. They've been physically oppressed for 60+ years.
                            3. I go to the mosque and chill out there on my own. I don't read prayer/Quran/dua, I just...think....in peace, knowing it's Allah's house.
                            4. I read about the Prophet saw, but I find to get to know the Prophet, I often find myself reading about the Sahaba's. Mostly I remember these guys, because I feel more in common with them than the Prophet. As they were men and women like me and not Prophets. Boy I miss them when I'm alone and sad. But even missing them feels so good.

But mostly I allow myself to feel sadness, and embrace it. Constant crying for the Sahaba's was a default of their worship, because their feelings were worth the feeling.
                            Last edited by Jigsaw; 02-05-12, 12:07 AM.
                            Sister Jigsaw!

Comment

Originally posted by Jigsaw View Post
                              MoMo....obviously to every trouble there is a practical solution. But I know what your asking about.

Many people will tell you to read such and such a prayer. But personally that never works for me.

I do these things when I'm low:

1. I go for a long lonely walk (appreciate Allah's creation) I'm reminded how small I am. The only dude who will take care of me is not even myself, it's Allah. Pity I can't see Him, probably best I can't see Him. But on this walk I...think...in peace.
                              2. I listen to sad music, to get it out of my system. The music I listen to is hip hop/Alternative Rock, mostly the lyrics are about oppression and lack of freedom. I remember all those that are actually going through tough times in the world. There's lots of hip hop music that speaks about Palestine. They've been physically oppressed for 60+ years.
                              3. I go to the mosque and chill out there on my own. I don't read prayer/Quran/dua, I just...think....in peace, knowing it's Allah's house.
                              4. I read about the Prophet saw, but I find to get to know the Prophet, I often find myself reading about the Sahaba's. Mostly I remember these guys, because I feel more in common with them than the Prophet. As they were men and women like me and not Prophets. Boy I miss them when I'm alone and sad. But even missing them feels so good.

But mostly I allow myself to feel sadness, and embrace it. Constant crying for the Sahaba's was a default of their worship, because their feelings were worth the feeling.
                              ahh subhanAllah, instead of listening to music, listen to the Quran. You willl feel better inshaAllah. why dont u pray/read quran/make duaa when you're at the mosque? its the perfect place to do all those 3, and u get such reward subhanAllah
                              Last edited by safzis; 02-05-12, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I ask Allah to guide me and wait out the misery. If it's bad enough eventually it reaches an unbearable point where I decide it's just far too much work to feel that miserable and just sort of stop it already. Times like that it remains at bay, but you keep pushing against it, don't let it hinder your activities.
                                والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                                X